starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How long can I expect to keep adding 5lbs 10 weeks in?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    I've been skimming thru Mean Ole Mr. Gravity....
    MOMG doesn't get the credit it deserves. Classic read that deserves to be "skimmed" through on a somewhat regular basis. Rip was a funny motherfucker back in the days. If you take the time to thoroughly read his responses you realize how smart the old man really is. He did us all a service by taking the time to write back to us morons.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    MOMG doesn't get the credit it deserves. Classic read that deserves to be "skimmed" through on a somewhat regular basis. Rip was a funny motherfucker back in the days. If you take the time to thoroughly read his responses you realize how smart the old man really is. He did us all a service by taking the time to write back to us morons.
    Hell yah. I would get along with Rip...He's a Texas legend in my book. I just wish I could have had his teaching in the late 90's when I was a skinny punk teenager and surrounded in negative influences of South East Houston in the neighborhood I grew up in. At about the age of 14 I saw my buddy Javier's dad's power rack and barbell. I remember the tubs of 1850 weight gainer. All I wanted to do is learn to barbell train but there just wasn't anything around at the time. It would have been good for me at the time...

Lots of good bits on info throughout Mean ole Mr. Gravity and some funny shit too! Buy it if you haven't.

starting strength coach development program
    Tonight was:

Squat - 290 3x5rep
    Bench Press - 170 5x3rep
    Deadlift - 310 1x5rep

Everything feels like its moving along well with the light weds. Then friday I go up 5lbs for 1 set and back off to 80% on the last 2 sets (for my squat) Going to try to add 10lb to deadlift on next deadlift workout. (I am alternating with power cleans) Bodyweight now about 177lb give or take a few.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234