starting strength gym
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations to run deadlift up

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    There must be something wrong with what you are eating. I have also struggled with weight and money but I weigh more than you now at the same height without adding that much milk or protein shakes yet.

So what the heck do you eat?

I can't believe I weigh more than someone here so thanks for making me feel better I guess.
    I just have a problem with forcing down enough food throughout the day. I am kinda bored with the same old shit all the time lately....

I eat mostly eggs and bacon for breakfast, then the rest of the day is usually ground beef, rice, and steak. I drink about 2 gallons of whole milk every week.

I was 148lb when I started and could barely get two eggs down for breakfast...I'm basically ramping up food intake like LP. My grocery bill is now about 600$ a month thanks to these stupid mother fuckers who voted for the democrats.

Maybe the quality of our cheap food is better than the quality of your cheap food because it sounds like you eat more than me and still weigh less.

Maybe you've got worms or something. Can't hurt to take some ivermectin or other tablet.

I used to weigh under 140lb. I'm ramping up now I can walk again and lift, aiming for 200. Keep needing new clothes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    I drink about 2 gallons of whole milk every week.
    2GOMAW doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    Maybe the quality of our cheap food is better than the quality of your cheap food because it sounds like you eat more than me and still weigh less.

Maybe you've got worms or something. Can't hurt to take some ivermectin or other tablet.

I used to weigh under 140lb. I'm ramping up now I can walk again and lift, aiming for 200. Keep needing new clothes though.
    Nice. Congrats. I've for the first time can wear a pair of jeans without a belt...Going to have to go up a size here soon. I took wormwood extract before I started...I also quit drinking for a while. I was going through lots of burbon and gin early last year...my bar is boxed up in the closet. I take my lifting pretty serious so I figure why drink until my weight goals are realized.

My weight is sticking at about 180-184 so I will have to change up something soon. I think I need more carbs. I'm going to get some more maltodextrin to add to my apple juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    2GOMAW doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?
    Man I'd like to get raw milk and I found a place that isn't too far of a drive where I can get it direct form the farm.

Rip has addressed this. If you're planning on doing GOMAD with raw milk, can I borrow a couple bucks?

Rip has addressed this. If you're planning on doing GOMAD with raw milk, can I borrow a couple bucks?
    I won't dick with it if it costs more. Usually just get the organic whole milk.

I pulled 335 tonight. Used straps on the heavy set of 5. New PR...I will upload soon.

Well I had a lower back tweak last night after getting 325 up about 4-6" off the floor. I had to set the weight down and call it quits. This time isn't near as bad as the last time I tweaked it but I am in pain when bending over. The last back tweak I had I was in some major pain for a week, to the point I could barely move, so I atleast have a frame of reference there. I guess it is time for my old ass to deload. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow. I have full range of motion in squat position. I did some reverse hypers after my session and it seemed to help alot.

I am going to try resetting back down to 185 and just work up 10lbs a session and see what happens.

Seems like an aggressive deload. Why not just deload it until it doesn't hurt?

starting strength coach development program
    Seems like an aggressive deload. Why not just deload it until it doesn't hurt?
    I think you are right.

I went ahead and just did some light pulls last night and today and it is already feeling much better. It is not near as bad as my last back tweak (which happened right around this time last yr)

I think I will be back to 100% pretty soon.

I worked all day today and am going to work all day tomorrow. Last time I was out for a week or so (and last time I just rested rather than force myself to push through the range of motion)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast