starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being an Upright Citizen, Not an Upright Squatter

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    No one is arguing (myself included) that reviewing the fundamentals is not a worthwhile exercise. However, when someone lifts the kind of weights Gary does with the excellent form Gary has, providing a comment that would apply to a novice lifter that has serious misunderstandings about basic squat form is not terribly useful. This was my complaint.

Also, remember that I am just some asshole on the Internet posting on a message board. I could well be completely off my rocker and, if so, should be ignored.

Tom, the basics still apply regardless of the level of advancement of the lifter. That is why they are called "the basics." Furthermore, to provide a blanket insult to the message board in general about their lack of strength, and thereby insinuate that they have no business making critques, is not a very friendly, useful or productive way to go about things.

If you truly feel this way, I'd recommend not posting any videos of yourself to this board, because--surprise!--people will probably make comments on them. Apparently, being able to squat 400+ lbs. makes you bulletproof and above everyone who can't currently--for whatever reason--squat the same amount.

-S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gibson View Post
    I don't see any hate, just some support.

I appreciate the feedback, but I was exploring form breakdown under conditions of great load and fatigue. I just wanted input on how much I got bent over when it got really heavy.

It's easy to be perfect when it's light. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiZnmxcnd0
    I agree, and note that I acknowledged the difficulty of the program that you're doing, the likelihood that form will breakdown, and also noted that your foward lean was not particularly worrisome. You're obviously doing a great job thus far, and I hope you continue to do so.

Best wishes.

Man, breathe deeply. If it's an apology you want, you've got one. Sorry.

starting strength coach development program
    Sorry, I'm a little tightly wound these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123