starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Newbie

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks!!
    Im not going to get scared!! The more intense and harder the better!!

My concern with the weight is that I need to do a flight physical and I know I am over the weight limit at this time. I have about 2-3 months to lose 25 pounds, but I believe if I have gained a lot of muscle (which I would need fo rthe new job) I can get my BF measured.

Outside of that I am not worried by a number and dont care about the number. Once I am below the max, the number would me nothing to me. I want to be strong, healthy and hot!

I cant wait for these books to arrive!!!

starting strength coach development program
    Ah, fair enough. If you have a specific bodyweight test, there are some tricks to making weight that competitors use, that aren't in the books. Mainly because they have nothing to do with actually getting stronger.

I'm not a competitor, but I remember one of the tricks a bodybuilder friend uses. Drink a hell of a lot of water for a few days before the weighing, then eat and drink nothing on the day of the weighing. The excess of water tells your body it doesn't need to store water, so it'll pass through you quickly. Water's heavy, you can temporarily drop a fair amount of weight that way.
    Oh, and drink slowly when you're finished, or you'll make yourself ill.

Thankfully I don't have to do any of that silliness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12