starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using straps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiler Grogan View Post
    I can double overhand 410#, but only one precarious rep. My 1RM with an alternate grip and chalk is #450. The lift itself, with my legs and back, is hard but I feel like I've got quite a bit more in the tank if I can hold onto the damn bar. I can feel my grip starting to go as soon as I pull up, and it sucks because I can't put any reps together.
    i would think a grip strong enough to double overhand 410 would be strong enough to mixed grip weight well into the 500s.

starting strength coach development program
    A bit of a non sequitur, but does anyone have any thoughts on the use of an altrnating hook grip for heavy deadlifts? Plenty of people use either a hook grip or an alternating grip, but I've not seen much discussion of combining the two and I can't think of any reason not to.

I've used such a grip to pull 500 lbs, which I'm doubtful I could have done with a plain alternating grip and almost sure I couldn't have done with a regular hook grip.

edit: that's without chalk, and I don't think my grip is especially strong--I think that the technique deserves the credit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12