starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on these shoes

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by METAL VIPER View Post
    Well I ended up getting the Rogues after getting a response from MuscleDriver about their shoe having a 1.5" lift. Looking forward to trying the squat in the shoe for the first time.
    I've had my pair of Rogues for around 14 months, and if I could do it again, I would have ordered a different pair of shoes. The quality was great, but it mainly has to do with the Rogues having a 1 1/4" heel. Way too high for me.

Just wanted to clear up some potential confusion. The guy who said those shoes have a .75" heel and the guy who said it was a 1.25" heel were both correct. I just bought these shoes, and the heel itself is 1.25", but the thickness of the forefoot sole is around .5", meaning the difference between heel and forefoot thickness is .75". The net effect is that you are lifting with a heel raised only .75". Hope that helps anyone else who looks at this thread.

Python nailed it. I got the Rogues and the .75"heel is great for all the lifts. I would buy them again.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenSmash View Post
    Python nailed it. I got the Rogues and the .75"heel is great for all the lifts. I would buy them again.
    I'm looking forward to trying them. I hope the .75" lift isn't too great; I don't want to shift focus from my posterior chain to the quads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12