starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microplates

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I just got some of the Fastenal washers with a 2" hole and used them for the first time this morning. They're perfect (hole is a little big but who cares) and pretty cheap. I bought six of them, shipped to my house for around $20.

a rubber band/string and some lead tear drop fishing weights! 1/2-1-1.5-or 2 lbs works just fine. nice conversation piece at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...u=96017&ucst=t

A pair costs $6 and weighs 1 1/4 lbs. Buy 6 and you can go up 1 1/4, 2 1/2 and 3 3/4 lbs.
    These work perfect, and the price is right!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler Grogan View Post
    I just got some of the Fastenal washers with a 2" hole and used them for the first time this morning. They're perfect (hole is a little big but who cares) and pretty cheap. I bought six of them, shipped to my house for around $20.

Fastenal washers for me too. I got mine at a store for about $13. There's probably a retailer near you. Seem damn near perfect for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    I picked up a pair (actually, several pairs - they make great gifts!) of 1.25lb plates from Ivanko. They were "blemished" and super cheap. http://www.ivankobarbell.com/clearance.htm

Scroll down to the OMC-1.25 ($3/ea)

I freaking love these things.
    i got these as well, and also got 2" ID washers from McMaster Carr (you can get the same ones from Fastenall) that weight 5/8lb each for smaller jumps

In a pinch, I've used additional weight collars, which weigh about a half pound each. But I got a set of Iron Woodys and have been happy with them.

It's not as cheap as the washers, etc., but this guy has fractional plates up on eBay for about $17 shipped.

(1 Pair) 1.25 lb (.57 kg) Olympic Plates 1.25lb

He also has pairs in kg if you are so inclined.

awesome, thanks for everyone's input. I will probably purchase something tonight!

I use 6 links of 5/16 zinc plated chain with a snap link. It fits snugly around the bar sot there is not loose chain rattling around. Two units weighs 1.25 pounds so a set of six will give you the flexibility to do 1.25# micro-loading.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ43 View Post
    It's not as cheap as the washers, etc., but this guy has fractional plates up on eBay for about $17 shipped.

(1 Pair) 1.25 lb (.57 kg) Olympic Plates 1.25lb

He also has pairs in kg if you are so inclined.
    But you still can't make less than 2.5lb jumps. Some people need less than that on their OHP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast