starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your strategy for GOMAD?

Default What is your strategy for GOMAD?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys, so I managed to drink the full gallon of milk yesterday and I'm already 2/3 of the way there today. Today I decided to drink 1/3 of the gallon after breakfast, 1/3 after lunch, and 1/3 after dinner, taking about an hour each to drink these amounts. My question is, how do you guys drink the gallon? Do you do something like what I'm doing, or do you space it out more? I'm having a difficult time drinking this much milk, and I want to figure out the most efficient way to do it so that I can still manage to eat 3 large meals a day on top of that.

I drink it a pint at a time, so it takes me 8 'servings' to get through the gallon. One each with breakfast, lunch and dinner. One with a morning snack, one with an afternoon snack. Two with protein shakes (morning & afternoon) and one after dinner.

Of course, I drink fluid constantly so getting through the gallon has never been a problem for me. Believe it or not, I usually still drink additional water/tea/etc during the day.

Brian

I've never done a full GOMAD since I started off already overweight, but for a while I did a 1/2-3/4 gallon and brought a 1qt Stanley thermos full of milk with me to work.

I like to drink my whole gallon by 4pm that way I am full of milk power to go lifting at 6pm.

I would spread it out through the day unless you like shitting cheese.

I do 24 oz in the morning with my protein shake, and I'm thinking of doing 24 oz in the evening with another shake. That should get me 200 grams of protein a day at a minimum. That's just over 1/3 of a gallon, but is twice the protein.

When I would do GOMAD, I would do a quart at breakfast, a quart at lunch, a quart at dinner, and a quart somewhere else, usually right before or right after dinner. I didn't have much problem doing a quart at a time.

Open mouth. Insert milk. Swallow milk.

Christ, it's not difficult. It was especially easy for me when I first did it as I was spending large amounts of time at my desk studying; a few large swigs of milk here and there soon adds up. To around a gallon per day.

Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    When I would do GOMAD, I would do a quart at breakfast, a quart at lunch, a quart at dinner, and a quart somewhere else, usually right before or right after dinner. I didn't have much problem doing a quart at a time.
    This is what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    Same. I struggle to do it a pint at a time, but I have no trouble at all doing it this way.

starting strength coach development program

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast