starting strength gym
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Diet Help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    And of course protien raises insulin. Its a calorie. A calorie is energy, energy raises blood sugar, which in turn the body releases insulin to combat it. However, it doesnt raise it to the level that a simple carbohydrate would. You can get fat on excess protien if you train like a bitch with zero intensity and have the shittiest genetics on the planet. Eating like that also facilitates cardio several times per week, and 3 solid maximum intensity, maximum weight training sessions that absolutely deplete your glycogen levels and tear down your muscle as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    And of course protien raises insulin. Its a calorie. A calorie is energy, energy raises blood sugar, which in turn the body releases insulin to combat it...
    Uh, what does this even mean? Calories don't raise insulin, macronutrients do. The three macronutrients are protein, fat and carbs. And of the three, fat is the only one that doesn't spike insulin.

And all this boils down to is results in the gym, to be perfectly honest. If that diet takes OMG up to 220lbs at the same bf and he smashes through all his lifting plateaus after he followed GOMAD for 4 months and plateau'd on everything including bodyweight (200lbs at 20%) eating that many simple cals. He says he ate 6k calories per day for the duration of his diet including the milk, the majority of which was processed, easy to eat food that went down easily and allowed him to eat more. What would you propose there, increase to 8k calories to compensate for the weight plataeu?? Another gallon of milk?

Quote Originally Posted by nisora33 View Post
    Uh, what does this even mean? Calories don't raise insulin, macronutrients do. The three macronutrients are protein, fat and carbs. And of the three, fat is the only one that doesn't spike insulin.
    They are all sources of energy. The body uses all three in varying proportion to fuel itself. Protien is used in majority to build and repair muscles. Carbs are the bodies principle source of energy, fat is used to insulate the body and the organs and, if eaten in excess, stored around a predominant area for later use. Same applies with excess carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    They are all sources of energy. The body uses all three in varying proportion to fuel itself. Protien is used in majority to build and repair muscles. Carbs are the bodies principle source of energy, fat is used to insulate the body and the organs and, if eaten in excess, stored around a predominant area for later use. Same applies with excess carbs.
    You missed the point.

What the christ.

Since we should go out of our way of having to diet a little for a week sometime in the dark uncertain future..

What kind of oompa-loompa lotion and speedo do you recommend?

Uh, someone repeat "calorie maintenance" a few thousand times. It's my hatingest phrase.

You all can fight about this shit all day long til you are blue in the face, but it bulls down to if I get the results I am looking for. I just took a shit as much Nissora33 overhead presses and I am still at 200lbs. I am also hungry as shit all fucking day, means I will eat more. I have been putting down 6000 calories the last two days with ease and I am still hungry, but with the gomad diet I struggled at each meal because I was so full of milk. I also feel not as bloated and my penis is on vacation from pissing every fucking 5mins, he is much happier now, lol. I will post my lift results today and see if I lost any strength or struggled at all.
    Last edited by OMG; 01-27-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Diet threads always seem to turn into debates about the minuscule points that, in the beginning of a diet, are of little importance. The following two quotes from Nisora earlier in the thread are very well put.

"Bottom line: tailor the diet to meet the individual and his goals and don't use a one-size-fits-all approach."

"dietary adherence is the number one dictator of whether a diet is successful or not."

The individual dieter needs to base their diet based on their goals and their current situation. To the layman like myself, Lyle's recommendations make it pretty simple. Set calories based multiplier x BW, set protein and experiment with carb and fat ratios. Some like high carb, some low, some in between. As long as the basics are covered there's no one Best Diet.

The whole clean vs dirty foods seems silly. Once again it comes down to the individual and adherence. Assuming anybody on these forums is working their ass off in the weight room, skinny guys will typically benefit from lots of McDonalds, fats guys very little, fitting it within the estimated calories required for the individual goal. I don't think anybody recommends all clean or all dirty, so called, foods. But many of these arguments always seem to go to extremes.

Lyle does a good job simplifying basic diet setup here.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...et-part-1.html
    Last edited by brobinson; 01-27-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: url link didn't show

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    You all can fight about this shit all day long til you are blue in the face, but it bulls down to if I get the results I am looking for. I just took a shit as much Nissora33 overhead presses and I am still at 200lbs. I am also hungry as shit all fucking day, means I will eat more. I have been putting down 6000 calories the last two days with ease and I am still hungry, but with the gomad diet I struggled at each meal because I was so full of milk. I also feel not as bloated and my penis is on vacation from pissing every fucking 5mins, he is much happier now, lol. I will post my lift results today and see if I lost any strength or struggled at all.
    You should read back over last night's posts a little more thoroughly if that's still your thought process. "I'm hungry so my metabolism must be higher," LMFAO. Do what you pleases, you're on your own.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by nisora33 View Post
    You should read back over last night's posts a little more thoroughly if that's still your thought process. "I'm hungry so my metabolism must be higher," LMFAO. Do what you pleases, you're on your own.

Dont be mad, I was just playing about the overhead press, I mint to say your deadlieft!
    Last edited by OMG; 01-27-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567