starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane Hamman

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I guess shane could make it as a basketball player if he had ever lost interest in powerlifting.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTiger View Post
    I guess shane could make it as a basketball player if he had ever lost interest in powerlifting.
    He did lose interest in powerlifting... and became an Olympic lifter. Did you watch the interview?

Default Video editor here

Love the video, but I just have one request for the person editing these vids: Please make the audio of the person speaking come out of the same speaker as the side of the screen they're on. In this case, Rip is on the right-hand side, but his audio comes out the left side and vice versa. It's probably not distracting to anyone else, but because I'm a video editor, it was pretty distracting to me. A safer bet is to just pan them up the middle in post. Or you can slightly put the person speaking on the right (in this case, Rip) in the right speaker, and slightly pan Shane onto the left side, but having them pushed all the way over, and having it reversed, was pretty distracting. One other note, pulling them about two more feet away from the background helps make the picture feel not so "flat". Another trick you can use, is to put a light ND filter over your camera (something like a 3 or a 6) and iris way open. That will throw the background out of focus, to bring attention to the forefront.

These are just stupid little technical things. I love the idea, and the music was hilarious! Felt like I was watching a local cable TV noon news show. And seeing both Rip and Shane sitting there reminds me that I need to go eat something.

That was fun. The most surprising part to me was when he described the training protocol at OTC. I know these folks are genetic outliers, but how do they recover from eight training sessions a week? Is this typical of elite strength athletes?

If they're sleeping enough, eating enough, and not working a job it is.

Man, I am obviously clueless to the athleticism and athletes involved in the strength sports. I had heard of Shane and had heard of his olympic competition, but knew nothing of him beyond that. This was a nice bio and insight into his past and training. I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated this and hope to see more of these interviews. Thanks.

Really great interview, I really learned a lot.

Definitely enjoyed the interview coach and really appreciate the work youve done over the years to keep strength training alive.

Great discussion of how our teams are missing a sufficient baseline of strength.

Are these interviews going to be done once a week, once a month?

I hear youve got some great folks like Wendler and Welbourn coming in. Do you have a SSS interview schedule posted somewhere that Ive missed? If not could you share who's coming up for next few interviews?

Thanks again Rip looking forward to more interviews.

Rip looks 90's small next to Shane!

Awesome interview. Thanks Rip!

starting strength coach development program
    Shane is clearly an amazing guy and it was an interesting first interview. This is intended to be contructive criticism... I think Mark dominated the interview. I would really like to have heard Shane's opinions from Shane. I felt that Mark asked and answered his own questions a few too many times.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast