starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overeem Diet + Workout

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Lets get Lyle to advocate the horsemeat diet.

"horse beef"
    "cow beef"
    was waiting for "fish beef"

The horse meat is funny but the majority of his plate is not meat. It's mostly starchy carbs and veggies.

As for the geared athlete is "just a noble" meme. No, juicing is cheating, lets not deceive our selves here. The reason why I would like to know is because I don't want to aim for something I can't hope to achieve.

It's pretty damn likely you wont achieve that level even with steroids, so why even worry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    It's pretty damn likely you wont achieve that level even with steroids, so why even worry about it?
    I want to know what is achievable by hard work and dieting? If you don't like it, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingFan123 View Post
    So you think the powerlifting routines added to the diet(lean horse meats and the like) produce his bb'er physique even with mass gains?
    I think he actually does more than what is shown. he probably does high rep body building type training on top of what is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Namo4184 View Post
    I think he actually does more than what is shown. he probably does high rep body building type training on top of what is shown.
    I agree, this isn't his whole workout, I don't know if he's doing 1/4 curls to failure though, when I seen his last camp he does a lot of powerlifting routines, with a lot of grappling and striking training

Quote Originally Posted by poopmonkey View Post
    Oddly enough, Serge Nubret ate massive doses of horsemeat (A few pounds per night I believe).

I'm starting to think there might be something to this...

... or they both took massive doses of steroids.

But the horsemeat sounds more exotic.
    O.K., alistair and serge both have absolutely elite genetics, top 1/10th of a percentage on the planet...... Serge Nubret was a whopping 195-200 lbs on stage competition weight. You guys think he needed massive amounts of steroids to compete at 200lbs? Alistair fights at 225 or so at 8 or 9 percent bf at 6'1...... Alistair probably takes a few things to aid in his training recovery and to keep him strong, but, whether or not he is "on" his physique is a result of natural maturity. You can see in his young pics that he has the frame capacity to easily carry what he has today naturally.

In regards to the "ROID GUT'(DER DEE DURRR) comment, that problem is only caused not just by a lot of GH and Insulin use, but years and years of eating and digesting extremely dense high calorie diets.
    Last edited by BruteForce; 03-23-2010 at 04:25 AM.

I"m glad others find "Roid Gut" amusing.

Enjoy.

"ROID GUT!!!!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtcJwVqoCgc

Quote Originally Posted by Namo4184 View Post
    I"m glad others find "Roid Gut" amusing.

Enjoy.

"ROID GUT!!!!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtcJwVqoCgc
    It's GH Gut or GH Belly. Not roid gut. Steroids don't cause your internal organs to grow, like GH does.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Alistair fights at 225 or so at 8 or 9 percent bf at 6'1......
    To be fair, he comes in closer to 260 - 270lb now (at around 6'5"). Back when he was a LHW -- back when he was "small" -- he walked around at 225ish. But why anyone is surprised that a guy with that sized frame would have trouble walking around at 260 is beyond me, especially considering how and with whom he is training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12