starting strength gym

Thread: two questions.

Default two questions.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    1. still having trouble with left knee moving in on the way up out of the hole. i've tried some cues and deloaded last workout by 10% to work on form. this helped some, but still having some trouble. any thoughts to correct this?

2. how do you tell if a 4" belt is too wide, rather than it just needs to be broken in? mine isn't exactly comfortable to squat in, as it pinches at the bottom of the squat, but i can't tell if that is just part of breaking in a belt. it's a brand new inzer belt, 10mm.

i'm 6'3" tall, but a pretty short torso.

Default Form problems

1. I would be concerned with where the power is coming from. If it is coming from the hips/glutes then the hips should go first. Are you training to failure? Are you a beginner/intermediate lifter?

2. Can't help

If you're 6'3", no matter how short your torso, a 4" belt is the right width for you. Try scooting it up on your torso a little. Also, roll it under your foot some more in case it does need more breaking in.

If the deload didn't help, it's because it's ingrained as the way to do the movement. Drills and shouting, plus focus focus focus on power coming from hip drive rather than quads.

1) just force the knees out. sounds silly that im saying this but for me, atleast, the knee problem is a rep-by-rep thing. it is not dependant on fatigue just true concentration. try to push your knees against the walls.

2) continue breaking in your belt. i doubt that you are the one body size that a standard 4" belt does not fit. i just got my inzer belt and it fits perfect. im 5'8" with a kinda short torso and 4" is fine. hate to ask this but, have you tried moving it up your torso?

It took me a while to adjust to a belt. I'm 5'6" and use a 4" belt. Your short torso is probably longer than mine. It took a while to break my belt in. I just kept rolling it as tight as I could. It also took some time to get comfortable with wearing it. I started wearing it looser at first, just to get used to it. Once I found the "sweet spot" I tightened it up. Using it on my deadlifts, however, continues to be a work in progress.

yeah, the belt is brand new, so it def needs breaking in.

starting strength coach development program
    I have to place my belt differently and with less tension for deadlifts.

Also it will take a few workouts to get acclimated to the belt. I still get my bell fat pnched every so often.