starting strength gym

Thread: Little help regarding belt purchase

Default Little help regarding belt purchase

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Was about to purchase an Inzer Forever Buckle Belt 10MM for US 67 bucks, when what i think is the shipping bill, was added. Something look wrong here or am i not understanding fully? Didnt have any luck finding an Australian supplier but surely this is to much for postage and what ever else is included.

Sub Total: $67.00
    UPS WorldWide Expedited: $87.51
    Grand Total: $154.51

Thanks for any help and suggestions, kinda got me stumped.

There is no australian supplier, i've looked everywhere. You're gonna have to fork out the shipping bill, as am i. Unless you have a mate in the US that could buy it/receive it and then air ship it to you for cheaper.

I bet that's how they make most of their money. Once again, our small economy gets fucked over. They even have a dude in the US who sells only weightlifting belts.. imagine that. http://www.bobsbelts.com?

that's in US currency too so it's going to cost you and i (i'm getting the same one) about 168 bucks.

Thanks heaps for the reply man, even tho the news isn't what we where hoping for...

I guess if you buy quality it should last us for some time to come, did you have any luck finding anything similar in Aust or are you convinced, as i was that the Inzer was the way to go?

Maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal on shipping haha

If you're looking for an Australian supplier of belts, then I'd recommend the Titan Lever belt at http://www.titanaustralia.com.au/products-belts.html. Also, the titan deadlift socks are fantastic if you want the 70's tube sock look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradaust View Post
    Thanks heaps for the reply man, even tho the news isn't what we where hoping for...

I guess if you buy quality it should last us for some time to come, did you have any luck finding anything similar in Aust or are you convinced, as i was that the Inzer was the way to go?

Maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal on shipping haha
    Well, i'm the type of guy that only buys something once, with the idea that it'll never need a replacement. And certainly this principle has held up quite well for me.. looking at my Sennheiser headphones, benchmade knives, Coc Handgrippers etc..

So, i usually go for the best thing on the market, and from what i have heard, Inzer (despite rumors of shitty customer service) has some of the highest quality products with the greatest longevity. Not to mention customizable colors is a pretty cool thing.

I think i have a contact in San Fran that can receive my package and then ship it here, and if it's like $30 shipping for two then i will buy two belts and sell you the other one at purchase price + discounted shipping/2.

Quote Originally Posted by 51M0n View Post
    If you're looking for an Australian supplier of belts, then I'd recommend the Titan Lever belt at http://www.titanaustralia.com.au/products-belts.html. Also, the titan deadlift socks are fantastic if you want the 70's tube sock look.
    Wow, that Toro lever belt looks almost exactly like my Inzer Forever Lever. Wonder if they're made in the same factory???

To the OP, that's exactly what I paid for my Inzer 10mm. If I had found the Toro I would have bought that instead. Titan seems to be mentioned in the same breath as Inzer quite often, and the belt really does look almost identical.

Thank you very much for the offer Grip but i wouldn't want to trouble you any more then what its going to take just to get your own belt.

I think i might research the Toro and give them a try, at least we can compare now haha

starting strength coach development program
    Sometimes shipping from the US is expensive because the company refuses to ship anything via the postal system. Typically this is because they want to be able to track parcels so that no one can turn around and complain about stuff not turning up or rip them off by claiming something never arrived.

The titan belts look almost identical to an Inzer and I bet they'd be fine. I just went with Inzer because I was buying a few things at once so the shipping was a little less jaw dropping spread over 4 - 5 items.