starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Welbourn

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I want to know how much john eats and how much milk he drinks daily. He is a big dude. It seems like to eat paleo and recover from that crossfit football shit you would need to eat A LOT of meat and milk.

Quote Originally Posted by hithebeach View Post
    no offense, but the program is extremely homo.

why does he start conditioning early in the off-season? for who?
    there aren't even real strength training days, it's just a lot of conditioning, sometimes just with barbells. why?
    i never understood crossfit anyway, there isn't a point, you're doing something different all the time and you don't have the opportunity to evaluate progress. sure you have that crossfit total day once a month, but i'd rather track my progress workout to workout instead of month to month.
    I don't think you understand the program. There is a strength workout (look to the right side of the page) and then a conditioning workout. The strength work is very similar to the novice and intermediate programs seen here, based on squats, presses, deadlifts, power cleans and power snatches. I personally do not do the program, but it looks like a very good option for those looking for both strength and conditioning work.

That was a great interview. Part 3 about 20 minutes in when he talks about kids seeing their parents do these lifts really got me. My son is 2 and he does his version of push ups with me and loves (LOVES) what we call "baby squats". I have been doing them with him since he was about 6 months old, me holding him as weight and squatting down. Now he does them on his own. Thanks for making this. I'll have to look into what John does a bit more when I can.

P.S. I have to say the intro music is, not what I expected.

Great interview.

Notice the positions that score the highest on the Wonderlic Test (aptitude test) given during the Combine. You wouldn't expect the offensive linemen to be some of the smartest guys on the field. Or, would you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_Test

A score of 20 is intended to indicate average intelligence (corresponding to an intelligence quotient of 100; a rough conversion is accomplished via the following formula: IQ = (2WPT + 60).

Offensive tackle – 26
    Center – 25
    Quarterback – 24
    Guard – 23
    Tight end – 22
    Safety – 19
    Linebacker – 19
    Cornerback – 18
    Wide receiver – 17
    Fullback – 17
    Halfback – 16

Chemist – 32
    Programmer – 29
    Journalist – 26
    Sales – 24
    Bank teller – 22
    Clerical worker – 21
    Security guard – 17
    Warehouse – 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ye2MV3LayI

average guy vs elite athletes

starting strength coach development program
    John was awesome.

I woulda loved to hear more about his own training, more on CFFB and more details on his westside / oly lifting / sprint training methods.

Hopefully Part II down the road!

Thanks Rip!

--Z--

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123