starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan John

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Moar!!!
    Last edited by Kincain; 09-24-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks Rip, Dan John, and the rest of the SS crew for bringing out another great video series (for free too!).
    I really appreciate it.

Rip, you mentioned that we would not want to hear about certain topics but I would bet that I am not the only one who would enjoy listening to you guys talk about whatever topic you felt like.

I found that last bit about the "sniff test" really interesting. For ages I have been wondering why I bothered to buy stuff from aasgaard as opposed to the useless shit I see on TV all the time. I definitely think because Rip passes the sniff test, there is no cheesy pop-up advertising on the forum, you give away free articles (that dont suck), theres no happy client telling us how he/she lost 10 pounds and etc...you let your stuff speak for yourself and arent in it just to make a quick buck.

by the way, isnt Dan John just plain cool. More free interview please

Outstanding advice and insight from both gentlemen. Great work!

Agree with MrMarbles. 99% of what I see in the fitness industry doesn't pass the sniff test, but Dan and Rip overwhelmingly do.

Is the problem and reason LA Fitness and infomercial products do well, that the general public either doesn't sniff or doesn't know how to sniff?

A couple of times on this forum I've said that if you got Rip, Dan John, Mike Boyle, and any other well known strength coaches into the same room that there would be more agreement than disagreement. This interview proves my point. While we're on the subject - an interview with Mike Boyle would be interesting especially given his recent shift away from bilateral movements (squats)to unilateral (lunges, split squats, etc.)

That is absolute bullshit. What possible basis for agreement could we have? Mike Boyle is, with all due respect, a Physical Therapist who claims to be a strength coach. There are lots of these guys, and they have made nobody into a brutally strong athlete that wasn't already that way. Of what value could his explanation of why we don't need squats, deadlifts, presses, and the Olympic lifts to make athletes stronger possibly be? I am not interested in talking to the people who have watered down strength coaching with therapy, and there will be many thousands of other coaches and athletes with whom we discuss the way to get stronger before we talk to any of these people about Swiss balls and lunges with 3 lb. dumbbells.

Awesome interview again Rip. Definitely enjoy all of them.
    Mike Boyle is literally one of the last "coaches" I would expect mentioned in a sentence containing Rip and Dan John. I have no interest what so ever in watching, listening, or reading anything from him. Thankyou Rip for not interviewing him.

starting strength coach development program
    I found the comments on Pavel interesting. Hopefully, there is an interview with him in the future. I really enjoy these interviews, and cannot thank you enough for providing them to us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast