starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on using a compression Shirt?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean5424 View Post

2)If jeans help you squat, your squat probably needed a lot of help to begin with.
    Lol, I think you are showing your ingorance here.

Canvas/Denim gear is what the big boys use.

solid, useful argument developing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post

Big difference between 501's and a multi-ply denim squat suit, but I guess Dastardly wins 5 Internet Cool Points. Well done.

ffs, please take a chill pill. Why can't we all get along...

I have used under armour compression shorts and tops for warmth. There is some research that suggests they help with DOMS, but I don't really have an opinion on that. However if, like me, you are muscular but have more than 10% bodyfat you will look like a sack of spuds that's been put into one of those luggage shrink wrap machines you see at airports (what is the fucking point of those??). So, I recommend layering under a cotton T and your regular training shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGibbons View Post
    I have used under armour compression shorts and tops for warmth. There is some research that suggests they help with DOMS, but I don't really have an opinion on that. However if, like me, you are muscular but have more than 10% bodyfat you will look like a sack of spuds that's been put into one of those luggage shrink wrap machines you see at airports (what is the fucking point of those??). So, I recommend layering under a cotton T and your regular training shorts.
    +10 interwebz (in your face Dastardly with your plus 5 from earlier) for putting on clothes over that shiz. I don't see why it would help. I usually only wear the shorts to keep my dong and scrote in place

Edit: The point of the shrink wrappers is to allow the luggage handlers throw the fuck out of your luggage without it breaking open. I know this because I work as a Postal person for the USAF and have watched the commercial airline guys handle your luggage. Without the plastic your shit would be scattered all over the runway. Same thing goes for mail and packages. Just FYI, pack anything you mail so that you would feel comfortable dropping it from head height, cuz it IS going to get THROWN at some point.
    Last edited by drewcarroll2; 10-24-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drewcarroll2 View Post
    +10 interwebz (in your face Dastardly with your plus 5 from earlier) for putting on clothes over that shiz. I don't see why it would help. I usually only wear the shorts to keep my dong and scrote in place

Edit: The point of the shrink wrappers is to allow the luggage handlers throw the fuck out of your luggage without it breaking open. I know this because I work as a Postal person for the USAF and have watched the commercial airline guys handle your luggage. Without the plastic your shit would be scattered all over the runway. Same thing goes for mail and packages. Just FYI, pack anything you mail so that you would feel comfortable dropping it from head height, cuz it IS going to get THROWN at some point.
    Is it true that the packages marked "fragile" get tossed/dropped a little higher and farther?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post

Any of you guys tried squatting in one of those full length denim skirts, like the homeschooling moms wear? Should be the equivalent of a single ply suit, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bugbomb View Post
    Any of you guys tried squatting in one of those full length denim skirts, like the homeschooling moms wear? Should be the equivalent of a single ply suit, huh?

No, but if you wear Mom Jeans when you squat, the high waist acts like a belt and the fact that they're denim is good for at least another 125lbs.

How well that carries over to Old Navy boot-cut jeans has yet to be established.

I dare say that someone wearing a Canadian tuxedo (denim jacket, denim button-down shirt, and jeans) would be fucking unstoppable in the gym. I'm sure it's like wearing a muti-ply squat suit, briefs, and bench shirt underneath a suit of fucking body armor.

starting strength coach development program
    Is it true that the packages marked "fragile" get tossed/dropped a little higher and farther?
    That seriously depends on if you are a dick to the postal people. Treat your local military postal clerks well and stick up for them when they get people treating like shit and we will go to great lengths to ensure your shit is expedited and treated right. I'm not saying I have ever done it but I have heard of peoples boxes making several trips around the world because the person that sent it regularly treats a military postal clerk like shit. Its one of those things man, you shouldn't fuck with people that handle your mail or your food. Think about what an enemy could do with the sensitive information you send/recieve in the mail.

No, but if you wear Mom Jeans when you squat, the high waist acts like a belt and the fact that they're denim is good for at least another 125lbs.

How well that carries over to Old Navy boot-cut jeans has yet to be established.

I dare say that someone wearing a Canadian tuxedo (denim jacket, denim button-down shirt, and jeans) would be fucking unstoppable in the gym. I'm sure it's like wearing a muti-ply squat suit, briefs, and bench shirt underneath a suit of fucking body armor.
    Thats fucking hilarious!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast