starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on using a compression Shirt?

Default Thoughts on using a compression Shirt?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I use compression shorts when I lift there comfortable and they keep my muscles and tendons warm throughout my workout. I was just wondering if anyone uses a compression top (not a bench shirt), and if you think it helps keep you warm. Comments and opinions always appreciated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by robrwMA View Post
    I use compression shorts when I lift there comfortable and they keep my muscles and tendons warm throughout my workout. I was just wondering if anyone uses a compression top (not a bench shirt), and if you think it helps keep you warm. Comments and opinions always appreciated thanks.
    I had thought about it, 'specially with winter coming up. I'd be interested in anyone's experience with this as well.

You guys already tried the forum search? Cos I think gary gibson used it.

I wear compression shorts when I squat heavy, it's good to reduce fatigue and keep you tight. I don't have a compression shirt, but it's the same idea and probably a good one

Compression shirt? Looks gay, but if you need it, wear it. If you don't need it, you're one step closer to awesome.

For the first time today I used a tight underwear that covers my quads, and squatting felt great. It's not tight enough that it helps lifting, but it definitely kept me warmer. I don't think I'd ever wear a tight shirt though.

Tight clothes are definetely enough to assist with lifts a little at least.

Ive worn a pair of running tights under shorts a few times which definetely helped with squats. Im sure a proper compression shirt behaves much like a single ply bench shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Im sure a proper compression shirt behaves much like a single ply bench shirt.
    I'm sure you know nothing about bench shirts.

And saying that running tights helped your squats is like calling a singlet a squat suit.

Even a pair of jeans can help with squats.

You can get canvas powerlifting gear.

Sure an actualy bench shirt is tighter on the front than the back, but im sure you'd still get assistance from it. I have some motorcycle compression clothes which im basing my wiew on, perhaps normal sports compression shirts are less tight? Thats the only stuff ive ever tried.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Even a pair of jeans can help with squats.

You can get canvas powerlifting gear.

Sure an actualy bench shirt is tighter on the front than the back, but im sure you'd still get assistance from it. I have some motorcycle compression clothes which im basing my wiew on, perhaps normal sports compression shirts are less tight? Thats the only stuff ive ever tried.
    The only things I'm sure of are:

1)You know nothing about equipped lifting and should probably STFU about it instead of stating assumptions based off your admittedly limited/nonexistant "experience."

2)If jeans help you squat, your squat probably needed a lot of help to begin with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast