Thoughts on using a compression Shirt? Thoughts on using a compression Shirt?

starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Thoughts on using a compression Shirt?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default Thoughts on using a compression Shirt?

    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    I use compression shorts when I lift there comfortable and they keep my muscles and tendons warm throughout my workout. I was just wondering if anyone uses a compression top (not a bench shirt), and if you think it helps keep you warm. Comments and opinions always appreciated thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    PDX, OR, USA
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robrwMA View Post
    I use compression shorts when I lift there comfortable and they keep my muscles and tendons warm throughout my workout. I was just wondering if anyone uses a compression top (not a bench shirt), and if you think it helps keep you warm. Comments and opinions always appreciated thanks.
    I had thought about it, 'specially with winter coming up. I'd be interested in anyone's experience with this as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    525

    Default

    You guys already tried the forum search? Cos I think gary gibson used it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    I wear compression shorts when I squat heavy, it's good to reduce fatigue and keep you tight. I don't have a compression shirt, but it's the same idea and probably a good one

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Compression shirt? Looks gay, but if you need it, wear it. If you don't need it, you're one step closer to awesome.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,927

    Default

    For the first time today I used a tight underwear that covers my quads, and squatting felt great. It's not tight enough that it helps lifting, but it definitely kept me warmer. I don't think I'd ever wear a tight shirt though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Tight clothes are definetely enough to assist with lifts a little at least.

    Ive worn a pair of running tights under shorts a few times which definetely helped with squats. Im sure a proper compression shirt behaves much like a single ply bench shirt.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Im sure a proper compression shirt behaves much like a single ply bench shirt.
    I'm sure you know nothing about bench shirts.

    And saying that running tights helped your squats is like calling a singlet a squat suit.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Even a pair of jeans can help with squats.

    You can get canvas powerlifting gear.

    Sure an actualy bench shirt is tighter on the front than the back, but im sure you'd still get assistance from it. I have some motorcycle compression clothes which im basing my wiew on, perhaps normal sports compression shirts are less tight? Thats the only stuff ive ever tried.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    102

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Even a pair of jeans can help with squats.

    You can get canvas powerlifting gear.

    Sure an actualy bench shirt is tighter on the front than the back, but im sure you'd still get assistance from it. I have some motorcycle compression clothes which im basing my wiew on, perhaps normal sports compression shirts are less tight? Thats the only stuff ive ever tried.
    The only things I'm sure of are:

    1)You know nothing about equipped lifting and should probably STFU about it instead of stating assumptions based off your admittedly limited/nonexistant "experience."

    2)If jeans help you squat, your squat probably needed a lot of help to begin with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •