starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would I be shooting myself in the foot if I trained with this gear?

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

Default Would I be shooting myself in the foot if I trained with this gear?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I got a sizable gift certificate to Inzer.com for Xmas. I asked for a small one in order to get some nose tork and chalk, but got much more than I needed for just those two items. Unfortunately all they really sell is bench shirts, erector, and squat suits...

I found these and was thinking they'd be interesting to try. http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=PWR_PNT

Thing is that I'm training for a raw meet in a few months and think I'd possibly be shooting myself in the foot if I trained with any different gear other than knee sleeves and a belt.

They say they're good for injury prevention, recovery, overloading etc. I can't imagine the difference would be that drastic. Any opinions?

Should have asked for a certificate to eliteFTS, but I'm not complaining.

I'm totally pulling this out of my ass, but you could get a light bench shirt too with that same reasoning. There seems to be some cheap ones for sale like this one.

An extra belt is never a bad thing either, especially if your weight fluctuates.

I've heard you can get many pounds out of those things.

I have this strong belief with weight training and anything else in life - if you want to be good at what you do practise what you do.

- If you want to get good at guitar you wouldn't practise by playing bass
    - If you want to get good at maths you wouldn't practise by writing an english essay
    - If you want to get good at raw lifting you wouldn't practise by using gear

That simple.

I agree with all of you it seems. i was looking at the standard blast shirt as well. From what I've read, the light weight gear is great for injury prevention and slight boosts in the amount of weight that is able to be lifted. I also see your point of view Cannibal, And I totally get what your saying. I wouldnt be in this position had I specified more clearly where I wanted the gift ceritficate from.

I've already gone down this path a little though. I use TK knee bands which will not be allowed to be worn at a 100%Raw meet I'll be going to in March. I prefer to train with them though because they keep my knees warm and help prevent injury. I think some of the lighter weight gear that Inzer sells could be used to the same purpose. I guess I was just curious if anyone else had experience using any of these things. i'm not interested in anything that will alter my form so all the heavy duty stuff is out.

I don't know, maybe I'll just get 5 orders of chalk and call it good lol.

Man theres sooo much shit I'd do with an Inzer voucher...

- 10mm lever belt
    - XT knee sleeves
    - (for semi raw) Iron wrist/knee wraps
    - Inzer soft suit (hot as)
    - Inzer shirts in grey
    - An Inzer bag to put it all in

Yup, already have all that but the wrist wraps. Not the t-shirt, but everything else is already covered. Maybe the wrist wraps are a good idea. I like to tape my wrists on the presses. That may be the way to go. thanks for the idea man.

Quote Originally Posted by John2336 View Post
    Yup, already have all that but the wrist wraps. Not the t-shirt, but everything else is already covered. Maybe the wrist wraps are a good idea. I like to tape my wrists on the presses. That may be the way to go. thanks for the idea man.
    you sir are one lucky guy.

starting strength coach development program
    what do you mean by the soft suit? A singlet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast