starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving Daddy Hoffman

Default Driving Daddy Hoffman

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by Bill Starr

When we finally pulled to a stop in downtown Philadelphia, my knuckles were white and my sphincter had chewed off all the buttons on the passenger seat. I was in a daze. Hoffman checked his watch, smiled and said proudly, “Made good time.”

Article

Resources Page

All those names from my teen tears in Hoffman's publications. Ah, youth! On the other hand, I've read book reviews about how Muscle Town USA was hard and unfair to Hoffman. I trust Starr, and now whatever got written in that book is difficult to disbelieve.

Now those were some great stories. Mark E. Hurling needs to step up his game.

A fortunate opportunity to read an insightful story into a very important person in the history of strength development, not only in the USA, but western countries collectively.

A 1948 edition of 'Secrets of Strength and Development' sits proudly in the office of my gym. A question though, with the greatest of taste, but is it possible that Bob Hoffman was a tad homoerotic? That book pretty much generates the same question amongst just about everyone I show it to.

Fantastic article. I love reading Starr's writings!

I want to meet Mr. Starr, where does he live?

Fantastic Article! Incredibly entertaining.

Thanks for sharing Bill. I drove home this weekend from Getysburg through York. I always try to swing by the old gyms on Broad and Ridge Aves if I have time.
    They're still there, but nobody's lifting in them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    A fortunate opportunity to read an insightful story into a very important person in the history of strength development, not only in the USA, but western countries collectively.

A 1948 edition of 'Secrets of Strength and Development' sits proudly in the office of my gym. A question though, with the greatest of taste, but is it possible that Bob Hoffman was a tad homoerotic? That book pretty much generates the same question amongst just about everyone I show it to.
    If you think Hoffman pushed the edge of the envelope in this respect, you should see Weider's publications from the late 40's and early 50's. Hoffman pales in comparison in terms of photography but the supporting text even more so. Old Joe was pretty open about catering to a particular niche market at that time. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

starting strength coach development program
    Starr really knows how to tell a story. It's morning and I've already exceeded my usual number of laughs for the day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast