starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can someone explain body composition to me please

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Last edited by veryhrm; 06-13-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: double post (??)

Quote Originally Posted by ComeAtMeBro View Post
    he isn't 10 percent bodyfat though

you could look like that this year if you wanted lol
    Oh my God, what a fatty-fat-fat-fat. He better cut immediately, or else I won't be impressed with him one bit, Olympic gold medal be damned! [/trolling]

Quote Originally Posted by msingh not FKYT View Post
    Oh my God, what a fatty-fat-fat-fat. He better cut immediately, or else I won't be impressed with him one bit, Olympic gold medal be damned! [/srsly]
    Fixed

Hi all, no im honestly not trolling Im just trying to understand.

Re the picture of the guy above, I dont know who that is, what's his height and weight??

Quote Originally Posted by danlightbulb View Post
    Hi all, no im honestly not trolling Im just trying to understand.

Re the picture of the guy above, I dont know who that is, what's his height and weight??
    isnt it the guy you posted in the op

Oh yeah sorry it didnt look like the same guy at first.

Would you say he is heavier than 77kg in that pic then?

And regarding bones, do they not weigh very much then? Because if the only difference between me and that guy is bones, then he must have bigger bones but they must weigh the same.

Oh yeah sorry it didnt look like the same guy at first.

Would you say he is heavier than 77kg in that pic then?

And regarding bones, do they not weigh very much then? Because if the only difference between me and that guy is bones, then he must have bigger bones but they must weigh the same.
    Are you seeing his legs? His legs are tree trunks and mostly muscle. That's a lot of damn weight.

Yes I can see his tree trunk legs. My point is that if he is same weight as me (ok some more or less body fat needs taking into account), then why dont we look similar?

My only conclusion is that because he has bigger bones, it looks as if he has more flesh than me because my bones are smaller, and the skeleton itself, whilst bigger, doesnt weigh any more than mine...maybe his is bigger but less dense whereas mine is thinner but more dense.

Im trying to understand thats all.

Yes I can see his tree trunk legs. My point is that if he is same weight as me (ok some more or less body fat needs taking into account), then why dont we look similar?

My only conclusion is that because he has bigger bones, it looks as if he has more flesh than me because my bones are smaller, and the skeleton itself, whilst bigger, doesnt weigh any more than mine...maybe his is bigger but less dense whereas mine is thinner but more dense.

Im trying to understand thats all.
    Overall, I suspect you're under-estimating how much of a difference in appearance it would make if you lost 20lbs of fat and gained 25lbs of muscle. That's a pretty significant change for someone of your size.

In another thread, i think you mentioned something about having a really narrow rib cage. That wouldn't change but if you had larger lats you'd look wider, but yes, you'd still be narrower than someone that had a wide rib cage.

starting strength coach development program
    If he is 10% fat, then i'd need to put on, say, 20lb's muscle. I dont think i'd still look like that even if I put on 20lbs muscle.
    20 lbs of muscle is an enormous amount and makes a huge difference in how someone looks.

You just try going to the store and buying 20 lbs of meat and piling it up on your kitchen table. Then imagine it spread strategically over your body.

Back when I started, I had gained maybe 5 lbs of muscle when people started remarking on how I was looking bigger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast