starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach, abs fanatics are talking shit about me because SS is Too Effective What to do?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You can 1) ignore him or 2) politely but firmly tell him to leave you to your lifting. Fighting somebody over getting shit-talked is a good way to end up in jail.

Find a way to mention your scapula. That's right. Open up a conversation where you talk about your scapula in relation to your training in general and bar placement in particular. The poor bastard won't know what the fuck you're talking about, but he'll shut up. This is how I would get CANFIT Pro PTs to fuck off. Because they think they know what they're talking about. As soon as you use terminology outside of "core" and "balance," they'll think twice to bother you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Very weird, Macetini.
    HA, ya think??? If Sgt Hulka (from the movie, Stripes) were here, he'd likely say, "Lighten up, Macetini."

I can't help it - I like Macetinis Sun Tzu 'Art of War' thing.

Anyway, aside from any legalities that might arise, my general advice has always been the throat punch - taint kick combo. If you follow it with a very rapid and very public teabagging - you should be set.

Seriously, do you not know how to deal with a know it all bully? Ask him if his husband lifts and watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by forgeforth View Post
    This is how I would get CANFIT Pro PTs to fuck off. Because they think they know what they're talking about. As soon as you use terminology outside of "core" and "balance," they'll think twice to bother you again.
    My girlfriend and one of my best friends are both CanFit Pro certified. It is one of the worst certification ever lol. They do not teach you anything. They spend half a page for squat and deadlift and 5 whole pages on different variations of cruls.

And for the OP, when the guy or anybody bothers you again, don't say anything just stare at them in their eyes. You don't even need to look tough, just stare them in the eyes for a while and they'll know they fucked with the wrong person.

Thank you for the replies, especially Macetini and Carlos Daniel. I think the solution below would be the most effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    I don't think this guy deserves a nice treatment. I have found that after squatting 3 plates, people might not understand or agree, but they leave you alone. Let alone 4 plates. So, the answer i: get your squat to 405. If he still bugs you, just say "I just squatted 3 of you. You think I can't punch one of you?".
    I think that three plates should be enough. I'm very close (I have to do 295 tomorrow) and he is no way more than 175.

To Mark Rippetoe: (How old are you?)

I'm maybe a little old for this shit - 23. I'm sorry if that makes me a nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrookDweller View Post
    constantly correcting me, telling me squats kill the knees if you go down more than 1/3 the way
    I'm fairly certain the best way to respond to this is simply to ask "Why?" because 90% of the time they're parroting what they've heard, and can't actually tell you. As they fumble with their answer, just stare at them like they're an idiot.

This comes up about every two months. Let's move it to the other forum.

Apparently, repeat questions have officially entered injurious territory for Rip.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsluvr View Post
    HA, ya think??? If Sgt Hulka (from the movie, Stripes) were here, he'd likely say, "Lighten up, Macetini."
    If you touch my stuff. I'll kill you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast