starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift progression after adding chalks

Default Deadlift progression after adding chalks

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    How much did the usage of chalks in deadlifts help you in progression? I was an idiot and never used chalks until now, so my deadlifts are quite miserable. I have no problem motivating myself to do heavy sets, but my hands keep failing me, and my hands have been ripped apart bloody quite a few times. Even when I try to forget about my hand pain the bar refuses to go up. since my hand got ripped again today, I decided that it is a good time to invest in chalks.

Have you seen the platform video on calluses?

Quote Originally Posted by squatpilgrim View Post
    How much did the usage of chalks in deadlifts help you in progression? I was an idiot and never used chalks until now, so my deadlifts are quite miserable. I have no problem motivating myself to do heavy sets, but my hands keep failing me, and my hands have been ripped apart bloody quite a few times. Even when I try to forget about my hand pain the bar refuses to go up. since my hand got ripped again today, I decided that it is a good time to invest in chalks.
    What kind of weight are we talking about?

I was unable to hold the bar at 305, and was rock solid at 315 (both with mixed grip...and I sweat alot). YMMV, but chalk rules.

I'm at 321. Last week, at 316, I forgot the chalk and did not notice.

Chalk added about 40 pounds to my deadlift but I had to give it up because it started irritating my stomach. I switched to liquid chalk and am up to a pint a day with no problems.

Chalk helps but personally I'd fix the problem rather than the symptoms. Work on grip strength, you'll be thankful as you progress later on. Also note that poor grip strength is often an indicator for weak rotator cuffs so it would spare you possible future injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFatigue View Post
    Work on grip strength, you'll be thankful as you progress later on. Also note that poor grip strength is often an indicator for weak rotator cuffs so it would spare you possible future injuries.
    And here I though the forearm was quite distant from the head of the humerus...

Teh weak gripz

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    And here I though the forearm was quite distant from the head of the humerus...
    http://www.maximumtrainingsolutions....teraction.html

Do you enjoy making yourself look stupid?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast