starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reflections in Iron: Mike Webster's Training Methods

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Still a legend in these parts.

And I never knew about the Red Bull Inn.

I remember during my junior high school years going to a local high school wrestling tournament and seeing Rhinelander Hodag Mike Webster wrestle heavyweight. He was the one guy I remember - I'm thinking he was listed at 220 lbs, and it was all muscle. That was pretty big for a high school kid in those days for someone who wasn't overweight. I remember my friends and I eagerly awaiting his matches that day, half expecting that he was going to break somebody in half. I read somewhere that he lifted weights throughout his teen years, using weights improvised from old farm tools and equipment. He was my favorite pro player, even though I was always a big Packer fan. I can still see him in my mind's eye, breaking the huddle and leading the Steelers to the line of scrimmage. His later years are really a sad, sad story, especially for someone who worked so hard for so long for himself, his family and his teammates.

Thanks, Colin. ~ 4 yrs ago when I began SS and found the Website, this was among the first articles I came across. I grew up in Ohio, a little kid in the '70s, had your dad's football cards, and watched those Steelers teams on TV year after year. After I read this, I saved a copy and occasionally when I needed inspiration in anything, lifting, work, life, I reread it. It's beautiful. You're generous for writing and sharing it with us.

starting strength coach development program
    Great article. Growing up in Pittsburgh in the 70s I can imagine the no frills, blue collar environment he was in. I remember how Bill Fralic and some other teammates of the Pittsburgh Panthers would go off campus to lift in their own dungeon wearing jeans and work boots

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123