starting strength gym

Thread: Quotes from Iron Mike Webster

Default Quotes from Iron Mike Webster

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by Colin Webster

“No one is a ‘natural’ anything. Everyone has to start the same place you do, at the beginning, and learn from there. Just always remember there’s another guy working out there right now, to either beat you or take your place, and you’d better out-work him.”

Article

Resources page

As a Pittsburgh native and Steeler fan, this warms the cockles of my heart. Thank you very much for this.

This stuff is fantastic. I'm not sure if everyone appreciates this stuff, but I sure do. I can't remember the man ever getting beat on the field, and now I know why-his unbelievable work ethic. In addition, he thought it all out. He didn't need a coach to stand over him with a chart recording his weight for him. Or, god forbid, changing his weights for him..I'm suprised that he got so strong wthout bandsa nd a bosu ball also. He probably could have squeezed out a few more reps of his 445 6x8 close grip if he had some NO2 superoptimizer about 22 minutes before his training also.

Oh, did I forget to put the part about the barbell squats on a bosu ball while holding onto double gravitron balls?

He did have a great story about Steve Courson getting knock end over end doing sprints against one of those surgical tubing bands for resistance. It snapped, Steve couldn't walk right for a week, the way he told it.

“No one is a ‘natural’ anything. Everyone has to start the same place you do, at the beginning, and learn from there. Just always remember there’s another guy working out there right now, to either beat you or take your place, and you’d better out-work him
    Thats probably one of the most inspiring things iv read in a while. I'm writing that down and sticking on my wall. Thanks.

Both of these articles were awesome. Thank you!

Modern day Gladiator. As a hockey player I feel like I'm the only one doing this kind of training (SS) while my competition is doing the bosu ball bullshit or high rep weights. I'm nearly always the fastest player on the ice. Thanks for sharing the story and the quotes, very inspiring.

I really enjoyed the articles. Thanks for the inspriational work.

starting strength coach development program
    Thank for posting this again. Reflections in Iron and this piece are among my favorites on the site.