starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlifts causing elbow pain?

Default Deadlifts causing elbow pain?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Seeking some advice and hope this is the right spot to post it..

First my schedule: Monday deadlift heavy, bench press light, squat light. Tuesday walking. Wedsday bench press heavy, deadlift light, squat light. Thrsday walking. Friday off. Saturday squat heavy, deadlift light, and bench press light.

I am looking to compete at somepoint. I use an alternate grip on the deadlift only after I can't hold on anymore with both palms inward, but I noticed I frequently use left palm out and right palm in.

I have recently noticed that I have been having some pain in my left elbow only, and noticed that if I try to do curls when I feel the pain that I can attribute the pain the the inner bicept.

Any help would be great, thanks for writing your books and videos it has help me tramendusly.

Are you sure your arms are absolutely straight when you deadlift?

Try switching your grip so that your right arm is supinated. Then your elbows can wear out evenly and you can have them both replaced at the same time.

What hamburgerfan said, your elbows are probably not straight. You need to concentrate on keeping them straight during all the rep, and probably will need a deload.