starting strength gym

Thread: Equipment review: Belt from MyHOUSE

Default Equipment review: Belt from MyHOUSE

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just received the belt I ordered from an outfit called MyHOUSE Sports Gear, out of Scranton. I bought it from their eBay store; they also have their own website.

Paid $34 for it, plus another $14 for shipping, so it came in just under fifty bucks. Shipping took a couple weeks.

Seems like a good solid belt. 11mm thick leather, 4" wide along the entire length, single prong, holes spaced 1" apart. Also comes in double prong. Only comes in black. Seems to have been constructed in Pakistan. Their logo patch is attached to the back which is a bit ugly but I can live with it.

All in all I'm happy with it so far. Will update this thread when I actually, you know, use it a couple times.

..mf

I have a two prong belt with quick release claw buckle. Also made in pakistan. I had no idea they made this sort of stuff over there. Really top quality.

Is the leather one single piece or multiple layers of leather?

It seems to be four layers laminated together: two thinner layers of suede on the inside and outside, over two thicker layers.

There aren't any longitudinal seams, though.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidlyfat View Post
    It seems to be four layers laminated together: two thinner layers of suede on the inside and outside, over two thicker layers.

There aren't any longitudinal seams, though.
    Well, ideally it should be just one piece of leather, with the two outer suede layers for comfort. The rest seems honest, thickness and width.

Just received the belt I ordered from an outfit called MyHOUSE Sports Gear, out of Scranton. I bought it from their eBay store; they also have their own website.

Paid $34 for it, plus another $14 for shipping, so it came in just under fifty bucks. Shipping took a couple weeks.

Seems like a good solid belt. 11mm thick leather, 4" wide along the entire length, single prong, holes spaced 1" apart. Also comes in double prong. Only comes in black. Seems to have been constructed in Pakistan. Their logo patch is attached to the back which is a bit ugly but I can live with it.

All in all I'm happy with it so far. Will update this thread when I actually, you know, use it a couple times.

..mf
    I see his stuff around town but never bought anything (I'm from Scranton). Let me know after using it if it's good stuff or not. I've heard some good and bad about the guy.

Found a video with Uncle Ripp describing how to break in a new belt: http://vimeo.com/8390351

Found a video with Uncle Ripp describing how to break in a new belt: http://vimeo.com/8390351
    When i first hit play i was surprised it was only 3:30... thinking it should be longer. After watching it... i realize that it SHOULD have been 30s. There are no more than 3 sentences worth of content in there. Good tips (i think)... weird video.

That's a really funny video

starting strength coach development program
    It hasn't exploded yet.

And it's left an interesting pair of bruises just beneath my iliac furrow.

So far, so good.