starting strength gym
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: toes more in

Default toes more in

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

funny thing is this was uploaded by kelly a few minutes after I read justin's article

all justin did was ramble on and on and made no sense to me,, that 1:49 video above made it more clear if you ask me

Goddamnit. It's not about torquing the hips. It's about moving the goddamned femurs out. Lining the leg up properly comes first then we think about efficiency.

Also, someone is doing the "American swing" in the background.

Additionally, all those weak 300kg squatters in the IPF seem to have no troubles with their feet pointed out. It is possible to squat very, very heavy weights with the feet pointed out which will also keep your leg lined up properly.

That's one the dumbest things I have ever seen.

I find if I try toes in I have a hard time evenly distributing the weight between the ball and heel of my foot, most of the weight is on the ball; enough force is generated on legs that my heels actually want to rotate inward. As this occurs weight moves to my heel and the world is good.

Toes out for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalsql View Post

I find if I try toes in I have a hard time evenly distributing the weight between the ball and heel of my foot, most of the weight is on the ball; enough force is generated on legs that my heels actually want to rotate inward. As this occurs weight moves to my heel and the world is good.

Toes out for the win.
    You're probably not "mobile" for toes in. Then, again, I;m not saying that it would be stronger for you since Ed Coan's toe angle looks more like ~45-ish degrees

I'm not mobile enough for toes in and I'm hypermobile.

Also, the idea does actually seem to work, sticking your toes in and knees out does seem to tighten up the hip. It's just useless and irrelevant for the previously mentioned reasons.

How much does this guy squat?

it doesn't matter how much he squats.

what does matter is he will get you to squat/press/deadlift/bench more weight and have less injuries/aches/pains/tendonitis. He has already done this for probably thousands of people. And if you're brushing him off because he's a crossfitter and doesn't squat 500 lbs, then that's cool, but certainly not helpful to yourself.

As with all things, if it WORKS, don't fix it. So if you don't have these problems when your toes are pointed out, DON"T point them forward. duh.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalsql View Post

Toes out for the win.
    that means you have poor ankle mobility. However, if toes out works for you then there's not need to change.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast