starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do-Wins sizing

Default Do-Wins sizing

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I know on the website these say to order the "normal size", but each pair of shoes I own (4) are a different size. Dress shoes and the shoes I wear from day to day are a size 12 wide. My running shoes are 12 2E and the chucks I wear when I lift are 13. I'm wondering what the hell size I should order for the Do-Wins. I'd rather not have to send them back a bunch of times to figure it out.

Relative to your chucks or running shoes, what size Do-Wins do you wear?

I have the 2011 Rogue Do-Wins. The previous method was to take half a size off of your normal shoe size. I also had 3 different shoe sizes (boots, running shoes, regular shoes). I took the average and went off of that.

I'd say you'd be fine if you were to take the average of your shoe sizes and use that as a reference.

If anything, call Rogue and tell them your situation. I don't have personal experience, but I hear their customer service is excellent.

I took a half a size of my New balance running shoes and got perfectly sized do-wins. (9 in sneaker, 8.5 in WL shoe). They're snug but not tight, allows for a firm feeling on the ground, and a comfortable wear for my lift session (as comfortable as can be with feet as wide as i have). Hope that helps

I'm not sure if it applies to all lifting shoes, but I was told when looking at the Wei-Rui shoes that it would be better to get the length right and have the shoe somewhat snug (I have wide feet too). So, you'd probably want the 12.

Wouldn't hurt to email them and ask, though.

I seem to remember Rogue having a decent exchange policy for sizing, might just be shipping or maybe a 10 dollar restocking fee, however the shoes last forever so it wont be a huge deal.

That said, i had a shoe repair guy stitch a piece of leather to the inside of the shoes behind the eye holes for the laces. when the laces are pulled tight , the eye holes (which are made of fabric) were tearing and i was afraid that i would tear one of the wholes out. The leather fixed it right up

Hi Schwiggity, ^^

I am from the UK and without shoes or socks, my right foot is 10.5 inches and left 10.75 inches approx. I normally wear a size 11 trainer and formal work shoe, these are not too tight and not too loose they feel fine but remember weightlifting shoes need to be snug/borderline tight (they will stretch out don't forget).

I first ordered a size 11.5 2012 do win, and I used online shoe size conversions from UK to US (these are flippin rubbish lol xD)

I had to exchange them because even after tightening the 11.5 shoe with the straps and laces I could still take them off without un-tightening.

What did I do next? I exchanged them for 10.5 do wins, these fit so perfectly, snug but not tight.

Measure your feet and post the measurements here, and I will try to give you a rough guide, better than the online conversion thing's trust me. xD

Hope this helps. (:

Default Do-Win Gong-Lu-II sizing

Hi ibbz786,

I'm planning on ordering these Do-Wins: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Do-Win-weigh...990139&sr=8-12

My feet are exactly 28cm / ~11in long. My usual shoe sizes are as follows:
    - Sneaker: size 12UK, but I also have a 10.5UK pair (quite snug), and I'm pretty sure an 11UK or 11.5UK would fit me well in most brands
    - Chucks: 11UK which are a good fit (again quite snug)
    - Dress shoes: 11UK clarks

Obviously there is some variation between different brands and shoe styles. I think that 11UK might be the best for me in the Do-Wins. I'd like to know what you, or anyone else in this thread thinks. Thanks for your time.

For me, they are the same size as my Chucks--had to send the first pair back.

My feet are exactly 28cm long 11cm wide. My rogue do-wins in us10.5 fit perfectly. Hope that helps.

starting strength coach development program
    I took a half size off my chucks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast