starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on time Constraint

Default Need advice on time Constraint

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I work mon- thurs night 4pm - 530 am . Have clas mon-thurs morn 11:30-2:10 pm. Gives me an hour to squat and do a pressing movement. Would you with getting so little sleep or no? Should note im not cutting bit also not eatting a surplus currently

Im also not movin up weight on the bar on any movement
    Last edited by MattJ.D.; 06-25-2012 at 11:57 PM.

I'd probably just do 1 lift. If time/desire permitted for that day, then I'd throw in another lift or an assistance lift.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoye View Post
    I'd probably just do 1 lift. If time/desire permitted for that day, then I'd throw in another lift or an assistance lift.
    Yeah, that is what I would do to. Just do a classic split routine with 1 main lift per day. If you feel like hitting assistance afterwards, do that. If you are too tired, then I would just skip it. You could also do a M, T, F, Sat type split, so two of your workout days would have the much needed rest. You could make F,Sat your heavy days and do more assistance. M,T could just be light days (quick in and out). The other option for a more normal split would be T,W,F, Sat.

5 week deal. I think im just going to not lift for four days of the week and just keep fri amd sunday full blown lifting days, because im feeling the fatige just after my first day without even lifting yet

That sounds like a good idea. The sleep is probably more important than the workouts.

this is a fucking ridiculous schedule. I hope its worthwhile in terms of massive amounts of monetary gain in the coming years.

The class is only 5 weeks and the job is seassonal ill be collecting unemployment after the summer and wont be working at all unless i get something under the table(which I plan on doing)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    this is a fucking ridiculous schedule. I hope its worthwhile in terms of massive amounts of monetary gain in the coming years.
    Agreed. Not a pleasant way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    The class is only 5 weeks and the job is seassonal ill be collecting unemployment after the summer and wont be working at all unless i get something under the table(which I plan on doing)
    But 5 weeks isn't too bad. However... collecting unemployment when one is not actively looking for work is kinda shady. Doubly so w/ the under the table clause. It's supposed to be an insurance program after all.

I have something like this going, and have had for a while. Will stop in about 10 days, luckily. What I do is this:

A:
    Bench: 4x5 (ramped) 1xamrap
    Optional: weighted dips
    Deadlift 1xamrap

B:
    Press 4x5 (ramped) 1xamrap
    Optional: weighted chins
    Squat: 5x5 (ramped) optional: 10 reps of the weight from the third set.

I can get this done in less than 45 minutes, if I only do the main lifts. I try to workout 2-3 times per week.

I'd not be too confident of getting 4 workouts in per week with that schedule. Some days you are going to be WRECKED, and not want to go anywhere at all. I'd probably try to get a workout in on fridays and sundays, and then one during the mon-thur window, if you feel up to it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Agreed. Not a pleasant way to live.

But 5 weeks isn't too bad. However... collecting unemployment when one is not actively looking for work is kinda shady. Doubly so w/ the under the table clause. It's supposed to be an insurance program after all.
    I thought that someone was going to say something like this right before I hit post . I will be unemplyed at the end of the summer, my seassonal job will have ended and i plan on washing windows and cleaning gutters on weekend for cash, thats not exacty employed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast