starting strength gym

Thread: got the sleeves

Default got the sleeves

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    i thought about all the talk about sleeves and came to the conclusion that if the only reason for using them on my old joints was to keep them warm and not for support, i would experiment a little.
    i went and got some "sleeves" (if i told you where i got them you would laugh at me).
    they are basically just an open ended sock, elasticized cotton/nylon. not enough for any support at all but tight enough to leave an impression when i take them off.
    my knees are now toasty.
    in the past week since i started with a belt and now with these sleeves, my squat has gone from 240 to 255 and my d-lift has gone from 280 to 305.
    i am convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by taichiguy View Post
    i went and got some "sleeves" (if i told you where i got them you would laugh at me).
    The geriatric shelf at the Rite Aid? Cause I've seen such there. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by taichiguy View Post
    in the past week since i started with a belt and now with these sleeves, my squat has gone from 240 to 255 and my d-lift has gone from 280 to 305.
    i am convinced.
    Great! Do you attribute that to feeling more confident under the load with less concern about getting hurt or just keeping the knees in better working order?

Now try the Tommy Kono's

I'd avoid the TK's if you're going to be using them all the time, or buy two pair. I had some for ~6 months before they ripped at the seam. I've got some Rehbands now and I like them better and they've already outlasted the TK's, although they are twice as expensive!!!