starting strength gym

Thread: Rip, please help me come up with a workout program

Default Rip, please help me come up with a workout program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm 5'9, 165lb, going to be a junior in high school, playing football for the first time (runningback & DB/linebacker) and I've been on Starting Strength since February. I got very good form on everything, but no lifts went up like it should (5lb a workout) except for deadlifts, no matter how good I eat/sleep. I eat about 3000 cals/190g protein a day, lots of good protein from meat, fish, and other good foods, so my diet can't be holding me back, as well as sleep since I get at least 9 hours a night. I just think SS isn't for me.

Current lifts:

Deads: 245lb 1x5
    Bench: 100lb 3x5
    Squat: 155lb 3x5
    DB Rows: 50lb DBs 3x5
    Overhead Press: 75lb 3x5

I'm willing to add to my diet or do anything differently to succeed on a workout plan. Looking to get stronger and build mass, overall train to be a better football player. Thanks

Well you haven't been really doing the program, but what are your rests? They should be 3-5 minutes between sets.

You are the reason the clarification article was written. READ IT.

Those are your numbers after almost 6 months? You didn't do the rippetoes bro

Since February, wow, you really put in the time, didn't you.
    If you are doing it wright, you need to see the gains. And I really can't remember where in the book does it say your lifts need to go up 5lb every week(if I remember correctly it says push weights up 5lb every workout until you no longer can achieve it...).
    Eat more, because if you are not gaining, your daily cal expenditure is more than 3000(you are a teenager, your body is still fucking growing, you need more food, you should have figured that out for yourself).
    Reread the book(at least some parts)and do the program at least for a year.

starting strength coach development program
    Hi, I'm 5'9, about 170 lbs, and going to be a junior next year too lol. I think calorie intake is your problem (I probably need to eat more also), Rip recommends much more than 3000 cal. I did some calorie expenditure calculator online (when I was around 165 lbs)and, according to it, I should be getting 4700 calories+ daily. Have you been drinking a ton of milk? maybe sleep could be a factor too? My diet is nowhere near perfect so I'm not trying to troll or anything, good luck dude.