starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating and SS

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You only need a small surplus for steady but decent growth, and just a bit more protein. A litre or quart of milk after your workout will do this. 500 or so kcal, 30-35g protein. So take your "eating like a pig" diet of 2,500kcal (maybe a piglet) and add the milk, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
    You only need a small surplus for steady but decent growth, and just a bit more protein. A litre or quart of milk after your workout will do this. 500 or so kcal, 30-35g protein. So take your "eating like a pig" diet of 2,500kcal (maybe a piglet) and add the milk, you'll be fine.
    Quite agree, I'm simply going to add a large glass of milk after every meal and increase my snacks throughout the day. I'm not looking for a huge increase in calories but certianly see that I need a small increase.

My real interest was the fact that while I thought I was eating enough, I wasn't. I was really surprised to see how little I am actually eating.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLiftMyBalls View Post
    Yeah, cant wait to be unable to use new technology.
    Funy this one, saying I don't know how doesn't mean I can't work out how.
    For the record, young guys these days think they really know technology but most don't know sweet F all.
    I got my first computer in 1983. In those days if you wanted to play a computer game you had to write the code first.
    And you couldn't turn the computer off as there was no affordable storage - a cassette tape drive was a highly expensive accessory.
    When Windows came along it was for people who couldn't use a computer, real men only used DOS.
    Just becasue you can go on the internet, load a few games up, fix your parent's email etc doesn't mean you're a computer genius...

Quote Originally Posted by toonttm View Post
    you wait till you get to 40...you think your late 20s are cool?
    I think my early 20s are cool. :-)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by toonttm View Post
    My real interest was the fact that while I thought I was eating enough, I wasn't. I was really surprised to see how little I am actually eating.
    This is very common. Every day I sit down and talk to people new to the gym.
    "I want to get smaller. I eat hardly anything. I just have a slow metabolism."
    "I want to get bigger, I eat heaps though. I just have a fast metabolism."

Then of course when you look into what they're actually eating, it's a bit different. I don't really believe in different metabolic rates for people. Sure, it's a real thing, it does exist, but it's absolutely dwarfed by how much they eat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12