starting strength gym

Thread: P.F. Flyers

Default P.F. Flyers

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I was told Chuck Taylors are recommended, because they have a non-compressible sole, but these are so similar and I'd like to know if anyone here has worn them and if the sole compares.

For those who don't know or remember, they were the awesome shoes in The Sandlot.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    I was told Chuck Taylors are recommended, because they have a non-compressible sole, but these are so similar and I'd like to know if anyone here has worn them and if the sole compares.

For those who don't know or remember, they were the awesome shoes in The Sandlot.
    PF Flyers

Yes, it is the same shoe as the Chuck Taylor.

Plus, PF Flyer is a cool name.

Kenny Croxdale

I found that I had to remove the insole when lifting with my PF Flyers. It was a little too squishy. Beyond that, they are very very similar to Chucks.

I have a pair. They suck for lifting in. Just get lifting shoes. Wei-Ruis don't cost a hell of a lot more than Chucks/PF Flyers and have everything you need.

PF Flyers. They're no Red Ball Jets, I'll tell you that much.

starting strength coach development program
    GhostWolf, thank you for bringing back a memory. It's been about 50 years, but I can still see myself in a little shoe store getting fitted for a pair of PF Flyers. Mom always insisted on "a good supportive shoe." (This has nothing to do with lifting. Hell, at 5 years old I didn't need to do anything to be heathy.)