starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirk Karwoski : From Cadet to Captain

Default Kirk Karwoski : From Cadet to Captain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Kirk Karwoski discusses his development “From Cadet to Captain,” the importance of 20 seconds, and other insights into high-level competition.

Video

The video was filmed at the October 2012 inaugural Starting Strength Coaches Association Conference in Wichita Falls, TX

Man, I wish I could've been there. If Kirk ever plans to stop by again, PLEASE PM, txt, email, call or whatever. Just let me know and I'm there. (Maje sure it's a weekend. :P)

Great video, at least the first half. Will watch the rest after my workout tonight.

I liked this video. I was listening to it while I did my workout yesterday and I immediately started developing a routine every time I step onto my platform. It's already helped.

Great video, thanks.

I started asking my kids: "Can you just not mess up for 20 seconds?"

"The Captain" is Awesome. His 1000X2 Squat is still the most impressive thing I have seen in the world of strength.

Absolutely incredible. Thanks so much, Rip.

I enjoyed this talk...good for competitors. With all due respect though, why does Mr Karwoski have such a huge belly? Does he not lift anymore? He used to look like a ripped beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I enjoyed this talk...good for competitors. With all due respect though, why does Mr Karwoski have such a huge belly? Does he not lift anymore? He used to look like a ripped beast.
    I have seen this in a few SF guys, nothing else to prove I suppose. But if I had to eat 14 times a day, getting up in the night to eat.. I would want to kick back a bit..

That was awesome. Thank you!

starting strength coach development program
    Rip,

Again, many thanks for posting this vid. Every session I am pumped up, first with music and do not speak to anyone, but last night, I jumped into the Squats VD last night and Capt K voices in my mind, 20seconds and importantly, with a raise of 5kg from last VD my mind was saying, just ballast. And it was.

The organisation of these events, posting of these vids, takes a lot of effort but from my side, I can only say it is greatly appreciated. Getting a raw insight into what made these guys tick when in Comp is invaluable if anyone is serious about getting strong. Helping me by the bucket load.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast