starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got a 100 kg Clean

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It's a little weird, but pretty standard of what you see from a lot of football players. I still cringe every time I see someone cleaning with straps though after watching the Zach Krych video of him breaking his wrists.

Congrats! Now put it overhead :-)

Quote Originally Posted by william jackson View Post
    Congrats! Now put it overhead :-)
    I've got a 3x83 press, so push press shouldn't be too far off.

I didn't get it there though...

Maybe you can get it as a push jerk? (where you bend your knees to lower yourself as you press up)

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Maybe you can get it as a push jerk? (where you bend your knees to lower yourself as you press up)
    That's what I meant by push press. Might have used the term wrong.

Dastardly isn't explain it overly well. Basically a push press you have you have your knees locked before your arms lock out. You are not allow to rebend the knees after you do your dip and drive. A push jerk you "catch" the bar it's your knees bent. So you dip and drive and then rebend your knees and use your arms to push the bar up as well as push your body under the bar.

If you've only been pressing, you'll have a better chance at making a push press in the beginning. A push jerk requires a lot of timing, technique, flexibility, and there is less room for error than with a push press.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PFerrari View Post
    Dastardly isn't explain it overly well. Basically a push press you have you have your knees locked before your arms lock out. You are not allow to rebend the knees after you do your dip and drive. A push jerk you "catch" the bar it's your knees bent. So you dip and drive and then rebend your knees and use your arms to push the bar up as well as push your body under the bar.

If you've only been pressing, you'll have a better chance at making a push press in the beginning. A push jerk requires a lot of timing, technique, flexibility, and there is less room for error than with a push press.
    That was my understanding as well, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12