starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Steel's Crazed 63-day Odyssey (2 parts)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The article made it clear that it must have been hellish.

Can Jim comment how he got to sleep at night on an empty stomache? I find that to be the hardest part of dieting.

Thanks for Part 2.

I can easily see a book about this. A couple of chapters on powerlifters and bodybuilders, and how they differ. Find a two or more, male and female, on each side who want to cross over. More chapters on their transformation and reaction. (I said book, but it could be a good documentary.)

How tall is Jim Steel out of curiousity

Would be cool to see before and after pictures. Usually it looks like the guy is pushing out his gut, and then sucking it in. I would love to see what dropping 40 would look like.

Hi guys, Its Jim Steel. Usually I fell asleep without a problem, but would wake up around 330 or 4 because of hunger. So i would ride the bike and then eat. I am 5 foot 9. No before pics except with my clothes on. And videos when i was heavier on www.basbarbell.com.

Quote Originally Posted by FullAuto View Post
    I read the second article of how he dropped so much body fat and I thought I will stick with my paleo diet and strength training and see how it goes. Good on Jim for giving it a shot though.
    For giving it a shot? I'd say he hit a bullseye.
    Bodybuilding doesn't appeal to me but I grew up during the same era as Steel so I get the sort of nostalgia thing he had going on for those 70's-80's pumping iron icons etc. Make no mistake: Steel's the real deal -- I was a client of his for 7 months last year til I had to back off for a medical procedure (unrelated to training). Sign up with him if you're serious -- and see if you can hack it. The guy and his team know their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by james7454 View Post
    Hi guys, Its Jim Steel. Usually I fell asleep without a problem, but would wake up around 330 or 4 because of hunger. So i would ride the bike and then eat. I am 5 foot 9. No before pics except with my clothes on. And videos when i was heavier on www.basbarbell.com.
    What a great accomplishment Jim. It's inspiring...thanks for posting your diet with your article.

starting strength coach development program
    Peoria, thanks. It seems really weird seeing those photos now. Really strange. A lot of things about bodybuilding make me cringe, but they know their stuff about diet and getting lean for sure. They start doing stuff nutrition-wise and then the rest of the world seems to catch up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast