starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Steel's Crazed 63-day Odyssey (2 parts)

Default Jim Steel's Crazed 63-day Odyssey (2 parts)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by Marty Gallagher

“I had deadlifted 700 pretty easily in July at this 250 bodyweight, so I felt strong and I felt I was on a physical roll. I felt that if I could, on the spur of the moment, shift gears and devote 60 perfect days to this impulsive bodybuilding effort, that I could actually get my bodyweight down and show some of the muscles I knew I had… ”

Article (part 1)

“The worst part about the whole bodybuilding experience is the diet, for sure. You are hungry all of the time; you are weak all of the time…I suddenly had no patience for anyone who didn’t have the dedication to lose weight. When someone tells you that they just can’t lose weight, and at that very moment you would kill for one spoonful of peanut butter, your sympathy for the less-dedicated goes right out the window.”

Article (part 2)

Last edited by stef; 01-24-2013 at 10:36 PM.

A two page "article" which says nothing useful other than "the actual article will be posted soon".

This is not up to the usual standards of the site.

We all need to know what Jim's training is like after 2 plus months of training hard in a nutritionally deprived state - what sort of rebound muscle effect occurs and what happens to Jim's lifts in the 3-4 months after the show, as he refeeds and returns to more typical levels of bodyfat? I know the show just happened, but it would be great to get an update on Jim in 3-5 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPancakes View Post
    A two page "article" which says nothing useful other than "the actual article will be posted soon".

You don't find any information in the description of what motivated him to do this stupid shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You don't find any information in the description of what motivated him to do this stupid shit?
    I demand better articles for free!

Looking forward to part II.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPancakes View Post

This is just the 1st part. And it seems very interesting to me, since dieting is rarely discussed in the articles.

I liked it. I mean I already the post on Steel's blog about it. But still REAL cool none the less.

Steel is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    We all need to know what Jim's training is like after 2 plus months of training hard in a nutritionally deprived state - what sort of rebound muscle effect occurs and what happens to Jim's lifts in the 3-4 months after the show, as he refeeds and returns to more typical levels of bodyfat? I know the show just happened, but it would be great to get an update on Jim in 3-5 months or so.
    Then check out his blog. Or the training log he keeps at strengthvillain.

Marty, thanks for writing that. Stef and Rip, thanks for posting it.

I read some of Jim Steel's log on strengthvillain (thanks for the clue, Peoria). This guy's OK.

Looking forward to Part II and Part III (per FatButWeak).

starting strength coach development program
    I read the second article of how he dropped so much body fat and I thought I will stick with my paleo diet and strength training and see how it goes. Good on Jim for giving it a shot though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast