starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other coaches

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I would hope there are some disagreements, especially with programming. They all coach off the same model, so I could see that being consistent, but you see various types of programming (and they all work to some degree). The trick is to find what will work for you.

Jordan knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know what you're doing wrong because I cannot see your program and I do not know what you're eating. But had you been doing the program, you would have gained more weight. So, you aren't doing the program. And what does this have to do with other coaches?
    Yes I'm quite thin, I'd say 12% bf.
    I'm very lost... Should I up more calories? I'll reset the bench an bump carbs to 450? And fats to 200? Leaving protein on about 240-245?
    I ate 3700 cals about 169 gr fat 300 carb 235 pro. Gained only 200 gr that week... So I raised fats by 20 and carbs by 75 I'm on 189 fat 373 carb and 238 pro.
    To indeed be seccesful now what do I have to do, so the little progress I did wont go down the drain?
    Do I reset everything?

From the article you claim to have read:

If you do the program as written, and you are a novice male between the ages of 18 and 35, the first five or six squat workouts will see the work sets going up 10 pounds every time. If your first day is 135 x 5 x 3 sets across, then 185 x 5 x 3 will be the sixth workout. (We’ll use the squat as our example exercise for this program, and if you’ve read the books you know that the other movements go up at different rates but that the squat is a good proxy for general progress on the program.) I have yet to see someone in that demographic who is eating and resting correctly that is not able to do this. Eating correctly may mean 6000 calories/day with a gallon of whole milk, or it may mean 3500 calories/day on a paleo-type lower carb no-dairy diet, depending on your initial body composition. If this or its equivalent did not happen, you’re not doing the program.

Right now I am trying to find the right caloric intake for me, aiming to gain 1-2 kgs a week, 4-8 kgs a month.. Good gains?
    Off topic, can I sumo deadlift whilst ss? Kid a tall and it seems more comfortable for a tall type, the grip to be used in deadlift should be a mixed?
    Thanks rip

Quote Originally Posted by SleepEatRepeat View Post
    Right now I am trying to find the right caloric intake for me, aiming to gain 1-2 kgs a week, 4-8 kgs a month.. Good gains?
    Off topic, can I sumo deadlift whilst ss? Kid a tall and it seems more comfortable for a tall type, the grip to be used in deadlift should be a mixed?
    Thanks rip
    Please answer my question

He's not going to answer it, since he pushed it down to the repetitive inquires forum.

Just work with Jordan on it, you will be fine.

starting strength coach development program
    I don't know how you guys do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12