starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check and another question

Default Squat form check and another question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Started the program a few days ago.
    First time I'm film myself. I'd really appreciate your opinion on my form, the angle I filmed from and any other tip you can offer.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...264#post644264

Moreover, I'd like your opinion regarding the question I asked coach Wolf (he probably missed it)

Thanks in advance,
    Wolf

I think you should directly embed the video you want people to watch here. Pick one instead of three, please. Moreover, stating the question you asked Wolf that he may have missed would only help.

Here's a link to the third set
    http://vimeo.com/m/62782100
    (Not sure how I should embed the video since this is my first. Please correct me if I'm doing this wrong)

My other question was about doing the program. Usually I train at home, but I went to a WL class near my house so I could learn how to powerclean properly. Long story short, the coach there offered me to join the class and gave me another program template.
    Like Couch Wolf stated, there is the benefit of having a coach watching me once or twice a week, but on the other hand SS will probably help me get strong faster.
    Question is how should I choose (especially with my small amount of knowledge in the barbel training area), and can I combine training with the WL coach and SS?

Thanks again.

Regarding filming, read this: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=20249. Though there's some things I'd like to comment on about your squat already, we really need to see a much better shot of your lifts to give a full review.

Regarding the coaching question, it's difficult to answer without knowing the coach's competency personally, but seeing how skinny your legs are in your video, you need to do SS. Badly. Anything with weightlifting can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    Like Couch Wolf stated...
    I am pretty lazy sometimes, but I don't think I've quite reached the level of couch. Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I am pretty lazy sometimes, but I don't think I've quite reached the level of couch. Not yet.
    Couch Wolf does have quite a ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Couch Wolf does have quite a ring to it.
    Perhaps a whole new thread is in order. I shall call it "The Couch Thread."

Be careful what you wish for.

No squats today due to pain in my bad knee. I'll film my squats next time hopefully.

And sorry about the keyboard glitch...didn't mean to disrespect or something.

We were just having a little fun, no disrespect taken.

Regarding your squats and knees, I was going to wait to get a properly filmed video to comment, but you're allowing your knees to slide forward at the bottom. I don't know if that's the cause of your knee pain, or just exacerbating an already existing problem, but it's definitely not helping. There have been several squat form-check threads with this issue in the young history of this Q&A, so check them out with the search function and learn how to set your knee position and then sit down & back with your hips.

starting strength coach development program
    Ok thanks.
    Will do a search as you suggested, and try to read the section in the book referring to "knee travel" tomorrow.