starting strength gym

Thread: Press Form Check

Default Press Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Attempting to Press with Rip's added hip-movement. 3rd set at my working weight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxtV...ature=youtu.be

It's kind of tough to say a lot about those from that angle. At least you are moving the hips before moving that bar. That much is good. To say more, I'd need to see something from the front oblique. Closer to the side than the front.

Here's a couple of other videos at my working weight. I know the last couple reps look pretty haggard, it was all I had to get under the bar. I can definitely feel the boost from the hip-movement.

You start out in lumbar overextension and cannot make great use of your hips from that position. You then overextend even further as you press the bar overhead. Get more neutral, lock your abs down, and then you will have a better time with the hips. Your timing is okay, but everything is coming from your back right now. Tight abs. Keep your elbows in front of the bar slightly at the start and get your wrists straighter. If you film another set from the floor, I will delete it. Please read the sticky in the technique forum about how to video your sets.