Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting Steroids: Basic Chemical Taking

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Competing in what?
    *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by tzanghi View Post
    I thought the videos were great for entertainment value alone including the point squeakguy made.
    Yeah, he's actually serious. He made a damn good transformation too. He's probably crippling himself for life with all the synthol but hey, at least he has an IFBB Procard now tho. Totally worth it, amiright?!

Quote Originally Posted by tomskarda View Post
    FWIW, Brent Larsen's guide to steroid use for beginners over at Strength Villain is probably the best book out there for someone interested in starting.
    I would strongly suggest for anybody interested in information about anabolic steroids, to look up and read Anabolics 2011 ed, by William Llevelyn, the most complete book on the subject you can find.

I'm always interested in the topic. Never did the stuff but hell if I'm not interested in being a super human version of myself. IF you are putting in your all, or putting in your all with use of a few shots a week the only variable is a little pain and money. Money is something i don't have to invest.

The argument between good for you vs bad for you is something I'll never understand.

This is one of few cases I ever saw a steroid abuser actually standing out and admitting he uses them.
    I am tired of seeing kids listen to roid users in my gym telling them to always do 12 reps and do super sets etc. etc., not admitting they got their physique thanks to the needle.

Anyways, if anyone here suspects top athletes(in any sport) are not using roids you are mistaken, this refers to powerlifting as well.
    Actually Starr mentions that the first tests subjects and roid users came early from weightlifting, before bodybuilders knew they existed(and when everyone had to squat, powerclean, etc. in order to look big).

If an adult chooses to use steroids in order to be at the very top of his sport let him do that it's his own body, if an intermediate 200 lb male uses them in order to add on 50 lbs to the bar then he is a stupid pussy
    Last edited by David_G; 06-18-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Doesnt Rip still take steroids?

I found Anabolics 2011 ed, by William Llevelyn good from a technical standpoint and the pointers on how to tell one product from another nice as well.

However, from a "this is how you do it" standpoint Larsen's book would be more useful. He has sections onsite injection, what to do when things go wrong, etc. Also, the write ups from other users effectively shape expectations.

Truthfully, if you are interested in this kind of thing, you should definitely get both.

Quote Originally Posted by tomskarda View Post
    FWIW, Brent Larsen's guide to steroid use for beginners over at Strength Villain is probably the best book out there for someone interested in starting.

That said, I really don't understand why anyone on this board is interested. Steroids are great if you need them, I just don't see many people here being in that position to include the bro-science clowns on the video.

Pro-athlete looking to get an extra season or two to include multi-million dollar pay days: check.

Powerlifter between 25-32 looking to set a world record: not wise for any material reason, but okay.

Bodybuilder trying to go pro: I question your sexuality, but alright.

Trying to make your high school/college team, move your squat from 400 to 500 pounds, and/or impress the ladies: Are you high?
    There's also college athlete trying to make it pro in the revenue sports to get in on at least a few of those paychecks and also the ins/cred that that might get you for a career in training, coaching, broadcasting, sports business in general, but otherwise yeah.

Does anybody still realize that steroids are an illegal substance not only in sports but just to have them in your possession? I had a friend put in jail for just having them, he never used them.

I hate nearly everything about this thread.

starting strength coach development program
    A lot of people on this board don't take steroids just so they can feel better about themselves by thinking that everyone who lifts heavier than them is on steroids.

I've never taken them, which is obvious if you have seen my log, but I probably would if I could do so in a relatively safe and medically supervised way. My job is physically hard, my life is hard, I'm not a natural athlete, and a 10% boost would be fucking life changing even outside of lifting. Seriously.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast