starting strength gym

Thread: Press Check, again.

Default Press Check, again.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

I just wanted to follow up on my previous press check, my original post is here -

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=40157

I have watched the platfrom "Learning to Press 2.0" video from the forum, and I have been trying to work on my press based on that video. Here is my most recent press. I think its better. But wanted to see if I was on the right track. I am going to keep working on "aiming for my nose".

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5nB...it?usp=sharing

Thanks!!

It's better, but still needs work primarily on those two points: hip movement/timing, and "aim for your nose."

1. Re: Hip Movement - remember that it's not just a "thrust your hips forward and press" that you're trying to achieve. You're trying to reach and bounce off the tension, and the press initiates off of that bounce. We don't just want to see your hips move during the reach, but the bar should move as well - a little bit back and down on the reach, and then a little 'jump' at the bounce.

2. You're not as far out as you were in your previous video, but still noticeably far. So far out that it gout you off-balance in front on the first rep. Keep thinking aim for your nose on every rep. Try drilling this with a light weight till it's instinctual, so you won't worry about it and press around your face again when it gets heavy.

One last point: you're pre-loading your hip movement with a backwards bend. Don't do that. Start from a standing-upright position and reach forward. There's no reach or bend backwards preceding the forward reach.