starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (525lbs deadlift @ 16 y/o) ME Deadlift Session

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC416 View Post
    Fuck what that other guy said, you listen to a lot of the same bands as me, heard a whitechapel song that's always on my playlist lol.

Crazy lifts for 16, keep at it man.
    Whitechapel is great. No matter how my musical taste in the metal genre changes, i always still listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Damn teenage testosterone.
    and passion

and hardwork

and blood

and sweat

and countless hours spent eating

and countless hours spent doing research

and countless hours spent programming

and countless events i have missed to train

Sorry but i wont just chalk this up as teenage testosterone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    and passion

and hardwork

and blood

and sweat

and countless hours spent eating

and countless hours spent doing research

and countless hours spent programming

and countless events i have missed to train

Sorry but i wont just chalk this up as teenage testosterone.
    Of course. But the testosterone helps.

I wasn't making fun of you at all. I know tone of voice is difficult to get from internet posts. I'm impressed by your progress. I wish I had your dedication and knowledge when I was 16!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Of course. But the testosterone helps.

I wasn't making fun of you at all. I know tone of voice is difficult to get from internet posts. I'm impressed by your progress. I wish I had your dedication and knowledge when I was 16!

I know you werent lol. I just hate when people focus in on one detail and contribute that to what has been achieved.

I just wanted to show that A LOT has gone into this, and is still being put in. I am no where near were i want to be.

415lbs x 3 squat today, pr for me

Testosterone doesn't peak as a teenager or even close. Teen test levels arent even that good. Test peaks in your 30s.

If you dont have food or an awesome environment, that is entirely your fault. I bought my own setup for around $10000 when i was 20. Full time student as well. You can always just find a real gym too. Powerliftingwatch.com.

I hate when people make excuses. But post whoring youtube videos can get annoying too .

I'm not seeing any part of that where it still isn't their fault. Your choices are your choices. If you want to prioritize family and other things ahead of your training, which is perfectly reasonable, obviously, then do so. But don't whine about someone else that doesn't have to do that or CHOOSES not to. I make social and familial sacrifices each and every week, if not each and every day, to accommodate my training. If you're unwilling to do the same, the responsibility is entirely yours. Plain and simple.

I'm not particularly inclined to hear this argument from someone who describes themselves as too cheap to buy a lifting belt. If that remains your attitude, this kid will always be better than you. You either find a way or it just isn't that important to you. No excuses.

Just calling it like I see it. Get mad if you want. The truth hurts.

How does a crack head afford their crack? If you want something bad enough, you will do everything you can to get it. You certainly won't have time to make excuses about why other people have it.

It was a bitch move to directly claim that one of the primary reasons for his progress is "mommy and daddy" providing him a "training environment". This doesn't need to turn into a philosophical argument because no one here is in any of the extreme positions that those types of arguments address.

Yes, you should consider a lot of this insulting. The story behind how Microsoft came to rule the computer world, for a time, has a lot to do with luck. The reason why a 16y/o deadlifts 525 involves negligible amounts that are present in nearly everyone's lives.

I can't stand others who denigrate the hard work and sacrifice of others under the guise of pseudo-science or pseudo-philosophy. That is what you're doing here and, in this case, it makes you a cunt. Hope that clears my intentions up.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Tom Narvaez; 07-07-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post

Im going to ignore you in this thread now. Hopefully you can do the same, so we dont continue to hijack the thread.
    This I agree with. Let me follow his progress without y'all's pissing match because I have a teenager lifter.

Whore yourself out with videos all you like. It motivates others whilst pissing some off. Haters are wont to hate.

Start a training log on here so we/I can follow and hopefully no hijacking.

starting strength coach development program
    Life isn't fair, that is why I do Brazilian JiuJitsu, recreational cycling, and weightlifting. Money is hard to come by for some of us, that is why my hobbies involve equipment or monthly membership fees that cost upwards of a hundred dollars. I always attempt to engage in civil discussion, that is why I use pejorative terms when talking to sixteen year olds and why I use the pseudonym King of the Jews. Your pussy has been hurt blah blah blah, and that is why I wrote you a long diatribe that wasn't remotely insulting or clever.

The good news is that it still isn't too late for you to quit making excuses. You could still get strong one day. But you might have to give up the bike. Pretty gay hobby, anyways.

Have a nice day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast