starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Popcorn Muscles vs Real Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by PEBCAK View Post
    Ronnie Coleman started in powerlifting, and was a beast at it before going on to make way more money bodybuilding. Found this video. I wasn't going to post it because of the huge banner, but watch the guy after him. 220kg deadlift, and he looks like he's 90.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeGZO...embedded&t=40s
    The "shake it off, Roy!" followed by Roy actually shaking it off (at ~1:47) and then pulling the god damn thing, is one of my favorite clips on youtube.

Reminds me of a guy at one of the gyms I used to work at. Mike was about 70 at the time and a cancer survivor, whose knees basically no longer functioned so he couldn't use them to start his pull. He used to stiff leg DL 405 for singles from the lowest pin in the rack (about 2" higher than off the floor).

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    Certainly no one with Ed Coan's skeleton will ever be Mr Universe.
    In fact, they should probably be arrested. There are very few legitimate reasons for being found to be in possession of Mr. Coan's bones, especially considering that he's still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    In fact, they should probably be arrested. There are very few legitimate reasons for being found to be in possession of Mr. Coan's bones, especially considering that he's still alive.
    Good point. Mr. Coan would probably object vigorously to their removal.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkoutNick View Post
    Because he was in amazing shape, visually. Dude was built like a rock. But he was barely moving any weight at all. So I asked myself, how does one get that impressive physically, yet struggle to bench or squat one plate?
    Maybe he saw you mirin and wanted to fuck with you.

Every time he goes? That's a lot of wasted time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnd View Post
    Sounds like there are a lot of jealous people in this thread. Lots of short stocky ugly guys with fat powerlifter guts and who cannot get the attention that a tall muscular bodybuilder gets, and who can only bench half the weight you can but you know will destroy you in weight lifted if he ever switched over to powerlifitng.
    You nailed it. Alright guys, he caught us, we can end the thread now.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PEBCAK View Post
    You nailed it. Alright guys, he caught us, we can end the thread now.
    Yes, this is what I was saying. I am just too damn short and need to grow another foot at least. :-)

Actually I was watching a BBing video of a lesser known SHW pro. He used to be in the NFL. He was talking about bench, and his all-time highest max at one time was 545. I am sure that was with a bounce, etc. but still that is good. Now he does higher rep work, and he can still knock out 405x10. So yes, these guys are still pretty strong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123