starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training during ramadan.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    No water or any kind of food or liquid while the sun is up. No chewing gum or smoking cigarrettes either.

Just to inject some politics and ethnic strife: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3588106.html

Personally i think the teacher didn't do anything particularly bad and i'm glad it was taken care of with a conversation rather than hysteria and lawsuits. However, the questions raised (primarily in some of the comments) are kind of interesting. Does the school have a duty to enforce the parents' rules? If one (or more) children are doing something and the others are not who is disrespecting whom? This is why, to some degree i think public schools (in the US sense) are problematic. Forget religion specifically, but how can you perpetuate your beliefs if they're undermined by the state's indoctrination machines ? :-)

Go back to E&P

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    Go back to E&P
    (it was merely an answer to the water question)

I've been going to a 24 hour fitness after sunset, I get there about 9:00pm and finish at about 11:00pm, home by 12:00am. I do however have classes in the evening, so I sleep the whole morning.

Ive fasted a few days (not really a practising muslim but I dabble) All the muslims at gyms and myself found training about 3 hours before sunset optimal. Nice slow paced session. Trying to cram in in a session during the night when there is sleep, eating and Tarawih etc if you prescribe to that. The daytimes during fasting are big long expanses of tedium, best to occupy oneself.

What are your priorities

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Just to inject some politics and ethnic strife: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3588106.html

Personally i think the teacher didn't do anything particularly bad and i'm glad it was taken care of with a conversation rather than hysteria and lawsuits. However, the questions raised (primarily in some of the comments) are kind of interesting. Does the school have a duty to enforce the parents' rules? If one (or more) children are doing something and the others are not who is disrespecting whom? This is why, to some degree i think public schools (in the US sense) are problematic. Forget religion specifically, but how can you perpetuate your beliefs if they're undermined by the state's indoctrination machines ? :-)
    The teacher was absolutely in the wrong. As a figure of authority, they should realise that what they tell a small child is unlikely to be questioned. Why would a non-Muslim child have to consider other, fasting children when they need water?

IMHO, it's verging on abuse making children fast anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12