starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shoes

Default shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dear coaches,

I would appreciate your help on this. 34 year old,male 92 kgs BW.

I am planning to buy a pair of rogue do-wins. Would you recommend the .5 inch heel,or the .75?

Quote Originally Posted by lewabbit View Post
    Dear coaches,

I would appreciate your help on this. 34 year old,male 92 kgs BW.

I am planning to buy a pair of rogue do-wins. Would you recommend the .5 inch heel,or the .75?
    0.5", unless you've got a thing for the Olympic lifts.

Note that the "0.75" are 0.625. I haven't calipered the "0.5" so I don't know how different they may or may not actually be.

Your height would be more useful than your age and weight for determining something like this, naturally...

If you're 6'5", the 0.75 might be the better option. I wear the Adidas and at a glance they look closer to 0.75, and I'm 5'6".

I'm 6'4", and the .5" have been more than adequate for me so far.

Thank you all. Your help is much appreciated.

rogue's fabled customer standard has let itself down in this instance. I am so frustrated. Tried ordering the shoes from them. Considering I live in the middle east, asked them if I could send a scanned copy of my feet, and asked them to suggest the right size based on that. Said they wouldn't be able to. And this is for the rogue do-wins, not another brand that they carry.

I am going to try sending Bill Henniger an email and see what happens.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by lewabbit View Post
    Thank you all. Your help is much appreciated.

rogue's fabled customer standard has let itself down in this instance. I am so frustrated. Tried ordering the shoes from them. Considering I live in the middle east, asked them if I could send a scanned copy of my feet, and asked them to suggest the right size based on that. Said they wouldn't be able to. And this is for the rogue do-wins, not another brand that they carry.

I am going to try sending Bill Henniger an email and see what happens.
    You do realize that this is well out of the scope of what customer service would do, right? What are they going to do with scanned copies of your feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    You do realize that this is well out of the scope of what customer service would do, right? What are they going to do with scanned copies of your feet?
    Sorry. I typed it wrong. I wanted to draw outlines of my feet onto an A4 sheet, scan it and send it to them for a size recommendation- as they would have charts corresponding to feet measurement. Declined to entertain my request.

Or maybe its just me being a little too eager about the shoes. Squatting in the 140+ kg region now, and hopefully looking forward to completing LP at around 160kgs. Wish me luck!

starting strength coach development program
    There's only one company in Canada that asks for that and it seems like an odd way to deal with shoe sizing. Best bet is to measure your foot at a shoe store and confirm whether the lifting shoes run true to size. Ordering shoes through the mail is always a little bit of a hit and miss affair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast