starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: deadlift: resting between reps?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    (To the studio audience): You see folks? THIS is why YOU need a STARTING STRENGTH COACH. Invaluable advice dispensed with brevity, wit and verve.
    I offer counselling, too. In between sets they talk about their problems. I give them just enough counselling for them to be able to complete the next set. They might go home and drink away their sorrows, but they get the sets done first.

Andy Baker answered exactly this question to me (with video of what good looks like) over a year ago....

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=30777

Quote Originally Posted by Oats View Post
    Andy Baker answered exactly this question to me (with video of what good looks like) over a year ago....

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=30777
    Yup, the pacing in that video is correct, though I would not recommend using the form demonstrated. Again - note how the bar is returned to the floor. All of y'all make yours look more like that when you put it down.

Dear coaches, i implemented the tips given here, which allowed me to improve from 5 90kg (198lbs) singles with dizzyness to a set of 5 x 115kg (253lbs) without any dizzyness, thank you!

I' d like to have my form checked again please.
    I *think* my back is straight/extended enough and i try to not let the hips rise before the chest...
    I do see however that on a few reps i look upwards, should be downwards. I also feel my back is very parallel to the ground, but when i set up as described in the book there is no way i can arch my back further up without dropping my hips, which is not allowed... Is my back to floor angle ok, or can i drop a little?

oh, and i swear some decent lifting shoes are next on my shopping list, and the bad lighting conditions for the video are due to us being in the middle of renovating the house/garage!

It looks like your video has been removed.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyduck View Post
    I have the same problem with the same cause. Unfortunately I don't know what to do to fix it, I live on the second floor on top of my landlord and I don't want his ceiling to come crashing in.
    I have a similar problem to this. I own a house, but I have a tenant in the basement (my gym is on the main level). Dropping power cleans under control/lowering deadlifts under control seemed to make the ceiling joists flex, and crack the sheetrock on the basement ceiling (not sure which of those 2 caused it)... I have since been treating my gym floor like a fine china.

Once he moves out I'm moving my gym into the basement where he currently resides. The only annoying thing will be pressing. I'm going to have to cut out a hole in the sheetrock where I press, and press the plates between the ceiling joists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123