starting strength gym

Thread: Lee Moran

Default Lee Moran

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "OG" Powerlifting Powerhouse - "Better to burn out than fade away"

by Marty Gallagher

“The only way he could screw this thing up was to take a crazy squat attempt on a bad day (like today) and incur some catastrophic injury and ruin everything. Taking a 1,000-pound squat at this juncture was crazy and reckless. So, naturally, Lee took it for a ride.”

Article

Thanks for another great article, Marty, although this one is much too brief.

PS - Unfortunately, Thomas Hobbs (or Hobbes, as it is most commonly spelled) never wrote or said anything about "lives of quite desperation." It was Henry David Thoreau who wrote in his masterpiece, Walden, in 1854: "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." This should be corrected so as to avoid miseducating your readers.

I've heard that they are now doing charity events and such now, but when I lived in Nebraska, I knew a couple of guys who were real tight with the then head of the San Fran (main?) branch. Between the two of them they had beaten the crap out of most of the other rowdies in that 2,500 person town at one time or another. One of them (who preferred to start fights with groups of people rather than just one at a time) was moving back out to be one of their "Dirty Few". The other was my housemate for a little while. The kind of guy that you need to make sure your bedroom door is locked and the gun is loaded and within reach for.

Don't miss those guys one bit.

Thanks for posting - The videos of Lee's attempts on youtube certainly show how dramatic it was. Plus when even Karwoski looks impressed, you know it's legit