Thread: suggested weightlifting shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Adidas Adipower 2012
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I have these too.

If you're in Canada Adidas will often have some 40% off sale online at some point in the year, and that's when I got mine. Great shoes.

another Adipower vote, though I have never used any other so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkoutNick View Post
    Rogue Do Wins, .5" heel. Best I've found for the Starting Strength lifts.
    My wife and I both have these, and we both like them.

Everyone kinda hates the Adidas Powerlift Trainer but loves the Adipower. They are really expensive but man, they are rock solid. Every part of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    They are really expensive but man, they are rock solid. Every part of them.
    Yessir. Mine grip the platform like you wouldn't believe. No way in hell your feet are going to slide wearing them. It actually takes some effort to get my feet out into position when after unracking a heavy squat but once they are there they aren't moving.

I'm on my second pair of the Adipowers. Got the first pair for ~$100 and the second pair for ~$140. My only issue is I don't think there is a feasible way to replace the sole, hence my second pair. I was starting to slip on my platform a bit and the sole has some extra wear in certain areas. I'm not 100% convinced it's the shoe as it's still really grippy on other floors in my house. It's probably just time to replace the top sheet on my platform.

For WL shoes I've used VS athletics, Adidas Powerlift trainers, Nike Romaleos and the Adidas Adipowers. By far my favourite has been the Adipowers.

How do you feel the adipower compares to the nike? I just bought my nike and I had already tried on my friend's Nike, they are truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Rogers View Post
    I'm on my second pair of the Adipowers. Got the first pair for ~$100 and the second pair for ~$140. My only issue is I don't think there is a feasible way to replace the sole, hence my second pair. .
    Yeah? A good cobbler should be able to do this for you no problem. Maybe there is something about the structure of the shoe that I'm missing.

I liked the Romaleos. They're quite a bit stiffer than the Adipowers, I can only speak for the 1st gen ones. The Adipowers start out stiff, but break in really fast. I had the Nike's for six months IIRC and they were still stiff when I sold them. So if a stiffer shoe is what you're after they're probably the way to go. My only complaint about the Romaleos was the fit in the forefoot.

I found they curved too much or too soon and my flat paddle feet would be mashed against the outside of the shoe. Most Nike shoes I have to get a bit big just to get more room for the outside of my foot which leaves too much room in front. Not an issue for slow lifts but in the Romaleos my foot was slipping on jerks which is why I switched. I'm actually wearing a half size smaller (and two pair of socks) in the Adidas shoe and it fits much better.

If a Nike shoe fits your foot better, get the Romaleos. If an Adidas shoe fits your foot better, get the Adipowers. Adidas shoes just tend to fit my goofy feet a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    Yeah? A good cobbler should be able to do this for you no problem. Maybe there is something about the structure of the shoe that I'm missing.
    Possibly. I could have sworn people were complaining about these new shoes (Adidas, Nike) are not able to be resoled. I'll have to check around town and see what they say.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Rogers View Post
    It's probably just time to replace the top sheet on my platform.
    I got my Adipowers before I added horse stall mats to my platform and there were certain spots on the the OSB board that were kind of slick. The way the Adipowers grip the horse mats is pretty freaky.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast